'The night with the knowledge'

The guard stopped surprisingly. We were walking quietly for over thirty minutes now.
''What's wrong?'' I asked.
''What? Are you planning to accompany me to my patrol for all night?'' The guard cross questioned.
''Oh yeah. Alright yes.'' I realised we were now in front of my house, and I got to go now and the tale of the haunted grave was over.
'' yeah good night then, and thank you very much.'' I said shaking his hand.

The night was now freezing and silent like never before
Those ten steps from the road to the door seemed to take hours to walk. I was exhausted and terribly drowsy I was going to fall asleep as soon as I hit the bed. I walked in, closed the door and felt so lonely, House felt different like it was never a home like it never had any family, any laughter, any happy memory. I realised how horrible it is to be alone specially when you need someone to talk to. Rain started again and the loud sound of thunder sent a chill to my spine. I turned the light on and off again. I just had walk upstairs to my room and sleep.

My room was as messy as always but silent and dark I got into my bed closed my eyes but this silence was irritating, I felt like I needed a bed time story or a lullaby to fall asleep,
I was missing my mom and family badly, all arguments and fights and all lovely talks too.
I took a deep breath and closed my eyes again trying to sleep.

' no, not there that's the strangeness of the deaths '

My eyes opened in shock and I sat up in the bed by this thought that all three of them died at there homes after they were at the grave after midnight and so was I tonight.
Is this my turn to die? Like those three? All of a sudden I was scared like I've never been before, sound of falling rain drops on the roof made me think something was crawling up there,
May be there is something in the attic crawling down towards me and it is going to kill me in no time, a sound of scratching wood came from under my bed. Like the wooden floor is scratched with finger nails,

I could see shadows moving around everywhere in the room I covered myself head to toe under the blanket. I don't know what made them do it but the birds were singing very loud this late in the night. It scared me more. The worst happened when I felt a corner of my mattress pressed itself like someone just sat there. I had a great urge to shout out aloud but no voice came out, I was totally paralysed that I couldn't even move the tips of my fingers. Neither I wanted to move. I didn't want to come out of the blanket and stare right in the eyes of a ghost sitting by my side. I was choking and having trouble inhaling I heard that giggle again very loud and clear this time like it was coming from the front of my face out of the blanket then I passed out.