Chapter 18. Pranks and Pens ✔️

Depuis le début

I ponder for a moment. "I don't know. Maybe. Let me talk to Avery and see if she has any plans for us for Friday. I will text you?"

He smiles and nods his head. He looks over my shoulder and his smile fades. His jaw clenches and his fists ball up. "I will see you later." He says to me and walks off.

What is his problem? I turn around and get my answer. My friends are staring at us. I walk in the class and walk to my chemistry teacher. "Sorry I'm late. I had to stop at the office before school." I say to her as I give her my homework.

She dismisses me and I walk to my seat. Stone is glaring at me. Avery is also staring at me. Even Jake is giving me a weird look.

I take my seat and Mrs. Jenkins starts to go over a review. I can still feel my friends eyes on my as I get out my notebook and start copying down the board.

I look at Stone. "What?" I ask him.

"What did Parker want?" He asks me.

I shrug my shoulders. "Why does it matter?" I ask him.

My phone vibrates in my pocket. I slide it out.

Avery💕
What's up with you and Dylan? Is that why you asked about him this morning?

I roll my eyes. Why is everybody over reacting?

Nothing is going on. I ran into him this morning and he asked me to go to a party this Friday. I said I had to talk to you first and we went our separate ways.

I hit send and look back at Stone waiting for his reply. He just shrugs his shoulders and goes back to writing down the notes. All of a sudden my pen stops working. I scribble over and over trying to get it back to work. I groan in frustration.

Stone then reaches into his back pack and hands me a pen. "Thanks." I say to him.

He shrugs his shoulders and goes back to work. I click the pen and start to take notes. The ink isn't coming out.

I groan and click the pen again. I click it one more time and then everything happens so fast. Something cold and wet gets flung all over my face. I gasp really loud and everybody stops and looks at me. I have blue ink from my hair to down my chin.

I quickly stand up and wipe the ink from my eyes. I can see Stone shaking. I glare at him. "Oh my god! Skylar are you okay?" Mrs. Jenkins says to me.

People have their phones out and are taking pictures of me. Anger rushes through my veins. Avery looks at me with wide eyes. Everybody is waiting for me to snap and freak on Stone.

Instead. I say, "Aw you made me ink."

Stone looses it and starts laughing hard. I soon join him. Everybody else looks at us like we grown a second head.

I look back at the teacher. "What happened?" She asks me.

Stone and I sobered up. He looks at me with wide eyes knowing what I am about to do. "My pen exploded. I'm sorry for disrupting your class but may I go clean up in the restroom?"

She looks at Stone and nods her head. I crouch down to get my backpack and whisper. "Game on Stone." I wink at him.

He just smiles and leans back in his chair. I walk out of the classroom and straight to the bathroom. When I get to the bathroom I look at my reflection and start laughing. I take a picture of myself just for memories.

I turn on the sink and the door opens, Av walks in. She looks at me and smiles. We both start laughing. I put my hair up and start washing my face.