Prologue

"He is suffering." Hera said.
"I know," Zeus replied sadly," but what do you expect me to do?"
"We should help the boy somehow." Artemis said to the surprise of every male in the throne room.
"I agree with my sister,"Apollo said getting out of his shock,"the only problem is that any attempts we make to help him might just cause more damage. He is already on his way to being irreparable and I fear that his emotions might run away with his sanity unless we do something fast."
This statement left the gods to ponder on any way that they could possibly help their greatest hero.
Hestia sat attending to the fire within the throne room, even though she had a throne that she could sit on. All thanks to Perseus , for it was one of his requests to give Hestia and Hades their thrones back.
Now they wish to repay him by possibly helping him through this difficult time.
And so they sat until Hades had an idea.
"Would I be correct in saying that Perseus teenage mind could be the reason why he does not allow himself to fully absorb his emotions?" Hades asked.
"Yes," Apollo replied thoughtfully,"his mind is too young to have witnessed what it already has, yet too old to see things as simply as a child does."
"So you are saying that a younger or older mind would have a better time processing everything that has happened and help him to move on?" Asked Hades.
"It is possible that such a thing could work." Apollo replied with a knowing glint in his eye- understanding what his uncle was getting at.
"What are you talking about?" Zeus demanded to know.
"Father, I think we may have found a way to help Perseus." Apollo said with a grin.
At this news Poseidon sat up and fixed his gaze on Apollo.
"Well? Tell us!" Yelled Poseidon.
Apollo, unaffected by Poseidon's outburst, just kept grinning.
"Uncle," Apollo began,"is it not true that Perseus had a- how do you say?- bad childhood?"
"Yes, it is true." Poseidon replied, ignoring the questioning- and in some cases shocked looks- of the rest of the Olympians.
"Then we can hit two birds with one stone," Apollo said," by de-aging our hero."
No one said anything(which was pretty surprising). They were all contemplating the possibility of actually de-aging their hero and what the possible repercussions could be.
"You say that this will help him?" Zeus enquired thoughtfully.
"Of course father," Apollo replied," Not only could it help him but it could also give him the childhood that he deserves."
"Let's say that we do this," Poseidon started," how old would we make him?"
"We could make him five," Athena spoke for the first time," young enough for a child's emotions to take hold, but old enough that he is still semi-capable to take care of himself."
"Perfect," Zeus said,"all in favour of turning our hero five?"
Everyone in the throne room raised their hand, even Ares and Dionysus.
"Just one thing," Apollo said,"once this has been done it cannot be undone."
No one seemed bothered by this statement.
"Apollo, go get Perseus and inform Chiron on what is being done." Zeus said.
"Of course father." Apollo replied standing up and flashing to Camp Half-Blood.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Percy was lying down on his bunk, listening to the campers doing early morning activities.
He wished he could join them, but without Annabeth nothing seemed important anymore.
He let out a sigh and turned his head to look at the picture of him and Annabeth after their first quest.
They were so young back then, he thought to himself, so full of wonder and adventure.
Perhaps if they had known what would become of them they would not be in this situation.
Annabeth could be alive and they could be somewhere far away, oblivious to the wars and happy.
Instead, Annabeth was dead and Percy was left alone.
As if that wasn't enough, he had found out that his mother and stepfather were dead- murdered in fact.
But not by Greek monsters.
No, it was a simple house robbery gone wrong. Apparently the guy had gotten desperate when he found nothing of value and threatened my mother if she didn't give him something of value.
Something that she could not give, considering we weren't exactly rich.
Paul had tried to protect her but got shot in the head.
After the criminal realised what he did he shot my mom as well.
Then he ransacked the apartment and left.
I was the one that found them a day later. I called the cops and left to go to Camp Half-Blood without waiting for them to show up.
That was three weeks ago.
After returning to my cabin I haven't left it.
Not even to eat.
The others have tried to make me come out but I just locked the door and ignored them.
After a while they just gave up.
Sometimes they slide food under the door and I'd try to eat it but usually after two bites and a sip of water I'd just slide it back under the door.
I know they were getting worried but I couldn't muster up enough energy to care.
I think Jason and Piper are leaving for New Rome today. I heard them talking about it when they slid another tray if food under my door.
Hazel and Frank have already left but they promised they'd be back to visit me.
Nico was in the Underworld, helping his father to sort the dead.
I haven't seen him in a while- maybe a month ago?
Exactly one day after the war he went to help his father and I haven't seen him since.
Leo was no where to be found.
I know he wasn't dead but the others thought he was.
Leo was on his way to rescue Calypso from Ogygia.