Chapter 5

Michelle's POV

I walked into the office, where Amanda and James were. Amanda was staring at Finley, and James was rushing to get his jacket on. "Everything alright?" I asked him.
"If the phone call I just got turns out to be true, this will be the best day of my life." He replied. Amanda looked up, confused as to what James meant. I gave him the same look, hoping he would elaborate more. "They've found Riley." He told us. I felt my hand snap up to my mouth, my eyes wide. She was my best friend, my teammate, the first friend I found here, I can't believe they've finally found her. Guilt washed over me, and I hung my head for a second.
"James, I have to tell you something." I said seriously.
"Say it quick." He responded. I turned to make sure Amanda would leave, but saw she had already run out of the office, telling A troupe. My eyes widened. Crap! I turned back to James, my heart racing.
"I know who did it, they threatened to hurt Richelle, she's my sister, I couldn't let anything happen to her." I said. James froze, staring at me.
"Who?" Was all he managed to say.
"It was Alfie!"

James's POV

My heart stopped. My gaze went straight to Alfie, who was listening to Amanda say they were rescuing Riley right now. "He was in love with her, he hated that she loved you. He wanted to get rid of the baby as soon as possible, he was gonna try to get her pregnant with his child, somehow he thought that she'd date him if that happened, because she wouldn't want the child to have separated parents because she had separated parents and she hated it. Whether he got her pregnant or not though, I don't know." Michelle rambled quickly. My anger grew more and more. I saw Alfie say something, before starting to walk to the door. I wasn't letting him get away, he'd hide Riley again, better than before. I ran out of the office, the next thing I knew, my fist had collided with his face, and someone was screaming my name, telling me to stop, asking why. I was breathing heavily as I continued to throw punches, Alfie starting to fight back. I punched his face, hearing a crack from his nose. Blood started flowing steadily as I continued to throw punches. How dare he lock my baby away from me, and come here everyday, pretending to be as upset as the rest of us, pretending he doesn't know where she is. Pretending he doesn't want to rape her and get her knocked up. I felt hands on my shoulder, pulling me back, and saw Henry holding Alfie back. I turned my head to see Noah holding me. Bad choice Noah.
"What's happening? What are you doing? Is this some stupid competition over who gets Riley?" Richelle asked, looking appalled.
"He did this to her! He locked her away and still came here everyday as if nothing was wrong!" I shouted. "He's trying to get away to get to Riley before the police can, so that they won't find her! He kidnapped her, and I let him around her child!" I yelled, rage flooding out of me. I felt Noah let go of me, probably thinking Alfie deserved another couple punches. "Admit it! Admit you hurt her! Admit you carelessly left our child in a cubby! Admit you blackmailed Michelle! Admit you did everything!" I continued to yell through the silence. My breathing had done nothing, except get heavier, and I was ready to throw another punch, but his words stopped me.
"I did it."