Fateful Encounter

A/N: This is my first story on wattpad. I hope it is okay. Please don't comment on grammar. I am just a human. Thanks for reading!

"Get up."

Eko stumbled to her feet weakly. Her once ivory hair hung in a tangled mess around her face, and its once lustrous gleam was now dull due to the dirt and ash that clung to it. Upon being sold to this master, Eko's long hair had been cut short. She actually liked the short hair though. The chains between her feet left a clanking echo as they dragged against the marble stone of Balbadd's palace steps.

"What is she?"

"She is nothing like I have ever seen."

"Is she from Heliohapt?"

"No, they have green eyes. Hers are blue. Her skin is also too pale."

"Why does our master even keep such an ugly slave?"

Eko ignored the whispers and cruel jokes. She was used to them by now. She was not like the people here, and she knew it. Her kind had long been forgotten. Upon her death, the great Astraea Clan would finally come to an end.

"What is that doing here, Lord Deus?"King Ahbmad Saluja gaged fanning his nose as Eko's figure stepped from the shadows behind her master.

"Sorry, My King. I had no choice but to bring her. She is too weak to be left alone. Besides, I paid quite a large sum for her. As a collector of rare things, I couldn't resist buying such a rare creature."

"Just keep it in the shadows. I don't want the first thing King Sinbad sees to be its pathetic existence. No matter how 'rare' you claim it to be." King Ahbmad sneered. Lord Deus bowed politely and forcefully shoved Eko to the adjacent marble pillar.

"Awe!" Eko grunted as her shoulder slammed into the cold marble. Everyone jeered as she struggled to get up but the pain in her shoulder only allowed her to get on her knees and lean against the pillar for support.

"Presenting King Sinbad of Sindria!"

Eko listened as footsteps became louder and tensed as three new auras became apparent. All three held an air of power, but each also held a distinct feel. One was overwhelming power, while another was darker and more mysterious. Last was an aura of a more primitive and wild feel. Eko glanced up and her eyes widened as her eyes met a pair of gleaming red ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masrur cared not about why Sin, Ja'far, and he had traveled to Balbadd. He was merely there to protect and serve his friend and king. Yet, as he approached the palace, a strange new scent filled his nose. It was like the smell of the Sindrian forest on a warm summer day, yet it also smelt like fresh snow. Which is how Hinahoho smelled.

"Well, might as well get this over with," Sinbad grumbled. Ja'far nodded and the three entered the palace.

"Presenting King Sinbad of Sindria!" a guard bellowed as the massive double doors leading to the throne room creaked open. Masrur followed steadily behind Sinbad. Ja'far scanned the room out of habit and noticed an unusual shadow in the corner. In the shadows of the massive stone pillar, he was able to make out a small human figure.

Masrur noticed Ja'far's attention was no longer on the people before him and followed the line of sight that brought him in contact with a stunning pair of cyan eyes. With his superior sight, Masrur was able to deduce that it was a female and not just any female. It was a female slave.

Eko stared at the red-haired male in awe. The primal aura was coming from him. His face was well-sculpted, but void of emotion. Her eyes then scanned over his companions.

One was a white-haired male with a mysterious and dark aura. His robes were cream and green colored. Freckles dusted his cheeks while his eyes seemed to widen in surprise at her appearance. Then there was the man known as King Sinbad. With a handsome face and gleaming golden eyes, Eko could see the rumors about the king's handsome looks were not entire lies. His violet hair swayed in the slight breeze and a small smile curled on his lips when he noticed Eko's stares.

"Keep your eyes down, Scum!" Lord Deus snarled snatching a fistful of Eko's hair.

"ARRG!" Eko yelped as her scalp burned, but she made no move to fight back.

"How dare you stare at the King of Sindria and his generals." He hissed tugging harder. Her jaw clenched in pain, but she remain silent even as one of the guards slammed the butt of his spear into her back sending her sprawling on the cold stone floor.

"Disrespectful pig. You should die!" the guard snarled raising his sword.

Finally, I will be able to find peace, Eko thought closing her eyes readily excepting death.

"ARGUGH!"

Eko's eyes snapped open as the guard's pained shrieks filled the throne room. Towering above her was the red-haired man. The guards now broken wrist was still tightly encased in his grasp.

"It's alright, Miss," a gentle voice murmured. Eko turned to see the other male accompanying King Sinbad kneeling before her with his hand outstretched for her to take. Eko glanced at it suspiciously. "I promise I will not hurt you. My name is Ja'far."

Could this be a trick?

Was he planning on embarrassing her?

Eko's hand hesitantly placed itself in Ja'far's.

"There you go." Ja'far smiled helping  Eko to her feet.

Clank! Clank!

Eko turned her head in embarrassment as Ja'far and the others caught sight of her chained feet. She no longer felt the pain but she knew her feet were bloody and tattered. Ja'far motioned to the red-haired man. He nodded and knelt before Eko. Eko stepped back in fear.

What was he going to do?

"What is the meaning of this?!" Lord Deus roared fuming. Masrur stood and shot the man the deadliest glare. Lord Deus began to tremble but still tried to stand his ground. "She is my slave to do with as I see fit!"

"Lord Deus, silence!" King Ahbmad hissed worried that the little outburst would offend King Sinbad. Lord Deus scowled at Ja'far and Masrur before ripping Eko's hand out of Ja'far's. Eko knew she was in serious trouble.

"My apologies, My King. I will be taking my leave." Lord Deus snarled tightening his grip on Eko's bruising wrist. Eko whimpered slightly but had no choice. She stumbled after her master like the "good" slave she should be.

Masrur watched as the girl was dragged away by that monster of a man. Her eyes wouldn't leave him. The defeated look that they held caused a slight pain in his chest.

Why?

He had no idea. But he did know that he wished to see the girl again.