“So, what is this?” she asked, holding up her martini glass.

Antonio whispered back in her ear, “That is a kiddy cocktail.”

Maggie’s eyes popped open, as did her mouth.

“What? You ordered me a kiddy cocktail?”

“I’d hate to get you drunk!” He wore a confident grin.

She started laughing.

“Please! I wish you would! After everything I’ve been through tonight, you have me drinking a kiddy cocktail?”

“What do you mean? You were only on stage for five minutes!”

“Yes, but that was the longest five minutes of my life, Chad…or am I supposed to call you Antonio now?”

Their conversation was interrupted by a young girl.

“Mommy, there he is!”

“I’m sorry. Can I bother you for a picture?” the mother asked. Her son was an arm’s length behind his sister, prodding his sword into her back. “Stop with that, Devon, or I will take it away!” the mother threatened as her daughter came and stood next to Antonio.

“Sure,” Antonio agreed, bending down to the young girl who innocently draped her arm around his neck, grabbing the ends of his hair. Maggie watched her fingers entangled in his mane, and she wondered what his hair felt like.

“Hey! Isn’t that your hat?” Devon asked pointing at the hat that Maggie wore. Maggie quickly removed it and put it back on Antonio’s head, feeling embarrassed by the attention.

“There, is that better?” Maggie muttered while watching the ensemble.

The mother took a picture, and then Antonio signed the sword, first making Devon promise not to hit his sister with it anymore. The mother smiled a silent thank you, and then they were on their way. Maggie admired how natural he was with his fans.

“They were so cute!” Maggie said, preferring them to the girl in the tight shirt.

“Yeah, but I think they drank a lot of soda.” Antonio laughed.

“Speaking of…” she motioned for the bartender, “I’ll have a vodka martini straight up with an olive.”

“Do you want the hat back?” Antonio asked in a sensual tone.

“No, that’s okay, I think it looks better on you,” she remarked flippantly, wishing to dilute his intimate gesture.

“I don’t think so.” Antonio placed it back onto her head as he peered into her eyes. She stared back into his, her eyes wandering to his lips, and then back to his eyes. She wondered what it would be like to kiss him. Heavenly. She really wanted to, but she knew she couldn’t. There were too many cameras and too many fans. Already, she could feel her heart pounding in her chest just from the thought.

“Your drink, Maggie,” Antonio said, breaking her out of her daydream.

Maggie wondered how long she should stay.

This can only end in disaster.

She watched as an arm wrestling competition took up the space at the bar to her right, and the next thing she knew, an entire glass of beer spilled over her black dress. She jumped back, on a quick impulse, landing on Antonio’s lap!

www.lovetheillusion.com/49.htm

Maggie stood up and ran her hands down the front of her dress, saturated in beer. She turned her head around slowly to look back at Antonio who was entertained by the whole event.