Chapter 3 - Torture (3.5 parts)

Začít od začátku

Marcus was laughing and I winced in pain, afraid to be hit again, as I fell to the floor. I felt a kick to my chest and swear I heard a loud pop, I wasn’t sure if it was a rib or from my head smacking the floor. At this point my brain wasn’t registering pain and I was oh so grateful for it. I was laying on the floor, not moving, I was afraid to move, I don’t think I could take another hit. I saw a figure standing over me laughing, I knew it was Marcus just from the laugh. He got closer to me and his fangs sunk into my neck again. And I watched at my eyes blacked out.

~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~

15 YEARS AGO

"1"

"2"

"3"

"4"

"5"

"No sniffing me out Danny! That's cheating!"

"6"

"7"

"8"

"9"

"10, READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!"

We are playing hide and seek in the forest between our lands. Do you know how hard it is to hide from a vampire? Not very easily let me tell you. In fact now that I think about it...it is kind of impossible, seeing as they can hear, see, smell better than humans not to mention that they are a lot faster and stronger than humans. But luckily for me...I am no ordinary human. I am a witch and mother has been teaching me how to use the forest to cloak myself, my scent, my sounds, my heartbeat. For example: As Danny was counting to ten, i was trying to be as quiet as possible, avoiding leaves, twigs, sticks, brush, as I made my way towards the river that runs through the forest. This river has the most beautiful waterfall to it, and behind that waterfall is a cave. That is where I am heading. Walking through the river to wash away my scent, I make it to the waterfall when I hear "10! Ready or not here I come!" Off in the distance. The waterfall should help cover the sound of my frantic beating heart and mask my scent.

I was standing in the cave alone for a decent amount of time when I still didnt see Danny I figured he honestly wasn't cheating. That made me smile. While I was waiting I decided to look around. Not too far obviously because with the waterfall here you can only see about ten feet into the dark cave. I had no intention of getting lost in the dark, so I put my back against the right side of the cave and slid down until my but hit the cold cave floor.

I was starting to think something happened to Danny, I feel like I have been sitting here for hours. My head snapped to the left looking deeper into the cave where I heard something that sounded like a growl.

"Danny?" I whispered.

When no other sound was made I looked back out of the waterfall. Searching for Danny, any sign that he was near, any sound indicating that he was close. When I heard and saw nothing saying Danny was around, I started worrying a little.

I heard the faint growl sound again. Snapping my head back to the left. I saw it. Or them. A pair of glowing golden/yellow eyes staring at me through the darkness. I watched it, watching me. Unsure of what to I remained silent and still. I didnt want to entice it. Provoke it.

It took a step towards me, I took a step back. It stopped and looked at me. It took another step toward me and I stepped back, but i tripped over a rock and fell. The next thing i knew, there was a small wolf standing over me. I let out an heart-wrenching scream.