Chapter 14: Hear Me, Emmy

Life Lessons:

He who wishes to secure the good of others has already secured his own.

-Confucius

_________________________________

Vincent's P.O.V.

I need to fix myself up. Live a new beginning and forget the past that still haunts me now.

I can't forgive myself if I won't forgive the people who caused me pain.

Okay, where shall I start?

oh, I need to stop walking here.

St. Monica's Church.

Just like the always, I walked slowly, every step is very heavy. I choose to sat at the very edge. I kneel down on the kneeler. I don't know. I saw people doing it here so I'll just follow.

I looked around and focused at the very center, at the huge cross. At somehow, I closed my eyes. Its been eight years since I last prayed.

I don't know if he really hears me but I wanted to try...

Lord Jesus, I still feel awkward calling out your name. If you hears me....then good, if not, then its fine. I don't deserve your time anyway. I just wanted to say that....I'm sorry. I've been coward and scared easily, I even doubt believing you. Forgive me. I won't bother explaining my whole life since I don't know where to begin.

Can I ask you a favor?

Take care of Emmy, where ever she is....please don't leave her the way I did. I'm...hoping that someday, our paths will cross again and I'll be strong enough to ask for forgiveness and acceptance. I hope that day would come. Thank you.

I opened my eyes and to my surprise....tears of hapiness were rolling in my cheeks. I've never cried like this before.

For the first time, I feel new and clean with less anger remaining in my heart.

I stood up and walked straightly. Now where will I go?

Okay....I need to see Summer. The girl I flirted with all night, took her virginity and left her the next day. She's the girl Emmy saw crying at my school.