ChApTeR EiGhT

Third Person POV

"Look, I'm in need of some cash. And you looked like the perfect guy to ask from." Cue the cliche evil smirk from cliche dressed gang member.

"U-um... Sorry, but I don't have any cash on me." The teen stuttered out.

"Aw, come on. You've got to have something valuable on you. Maybe a watch, a cellphone, a- You see where I'm going with this, right?"

The other male gulped with fear.

(M/N) glanced at the situation, 'Just keep walking. Just keep walking.'

"Looks like we are gonna have to do this the hard way, huh?" The man pulls his fist backwards.

The boy then turned his head, anticipating what is to come.

Before the guy's hand can come into contact with the other's face, (M/N) quickly ran in between the two, blocking the punch with his backpack.

'Screw my [beep]ing conscience.' (M/N) thought.

As the man was recovering from the shock, (M/N) pushed him to the ground before he could retaliate. (M/N) grabbed the boy's arm and ran as fast as his legs could go.

"Hey, you! Come back here!"

(M/N) just continued to run until he was able to lose the gang member in a crowd of people. He gasped for air as the teen next to him did the exact same. After they both caught their breath, (M/N) was able to take a good look at the teenager. He had short black hair, matching eyes, and was wearing a blue school uniform.

"Thank you for saving me, Mister." The male said in between pants.

"No problem."

"I'm Mikado Rugamine, and you are?"

"Name's (M/N) Heiwajima."

The two shook hands.

"Really, again, thank you. I was really scared back there."

"No worries, you're fine."

"So (M/N) Heiwajima... Why does that name sound so familiar?"

"Oh! It might be because of my last name. I'm cousins with Shizuo Heiwajima. Though I don't understand why he's so popular."

"You mean the Shizuo Heiwajima?!"

"Um, yeah?"

"WOAHHH!"

"Uh?"

"Sorry, sorry. It's just so surprising that he has a cousin! So, do you have super strength like him?"

(M/N) scratched the back of his head, "No, I'm actually pretty weak... The only reason why I was able to push that guy back there was because he was frozen from shock."

"Oh... Sorry about just popping that question out of nowhere. It's just that this city is so interesting! It's like everyday is unusual but so amazing!" Mikado's eyes shimmered in awe.

"Oh, I see. Well, I better head off I have to meet up with someone."

"Okay, thank you again, (M/N)! Bye!"

"You're welcome, bye!" (M/N) waved to Mikado.

(M/N) continued walking along the sidewalk.

'Hm, such a innocent kid. Hope he enjoys his time like that.'