❖ Chapter Three

'Catch you later, angel face.'

It was Jokettes next session with Harleen she did the same routine as always before going to Harleens room, get in the straight jacket then make there way to Harleens door only this time they went to a door numbered twenty and the name Dr. Grey printed on it. Jokette growled as she was pushed into the small dark room with only one light and a window, she was forcefully put into the chair. She turned and faced the psychiatrist, Jokette was pissed she didn't want to talk to her.

"Where is Dr. Quinzel?" Jokette asked through her teeth.

"Dr. Quinzel is gone for this week." Dr. Grey answered. "So, I am gonna take over until she's back. So how do you like it here at Arkham?" Jokette didn't reply she turned her head childishly to look out the window.

Dr. Grey sighed trying again, "How have you slept." She was met with more silence.

"What was your life like?" Dr. Grey asked trying to get a response from her, the Jokette growled loudly startling her.

"Listen here lady, you only have to deal with me twice so don't try and get to know me. You know the saying curiosity killed the cat. I'm warning you lady keep asking questions, and you could very well be that cat." Jokette told her leaning into her face with a sinister smile, Dr. Grey freaked out and hit a little panic button under her desk.

The door to the room slammed open three guards piled in, two rushed over to her pulling her back quick enough to knock her into a daze. She laughed loudly her sides hurt as she watched another guard try and to talk to Dr. Grey.

"Oh dear, this is too funny I haven't laughed that hard in ages." Jokette said after her laughter died down. "You're not gonna last long here if you were scared of that."

Once the guards pulled her out of the room they ended up taking her away from her cell into a quiet area of the asylum, they were fed up with her. With her still in her straight jacket they threw her to the ground a grunt erupted from her, another grunt echoed when a foot connected with her stomach. One of the guards picked her up just so they could punch her, Jokette started laughing. "Didn't your mothers ever tell you it's not nice to hit a lady."

One guard stopped to answer, "You're no lady. You're just a freak that doesn't know when to stop."

"That's not very nice." Jokette said as she pouted her split lips.

One last punch was sent to her face knocking her out she hung limp in the guards arms. "What are we gonna do with her?" The one holding her asked.

"Just toss her back into her cell."

They carried her unconscious body to her cell her feet dragged on the floor and her head swayed lifelessly. They tossed her onto her bed and quickly undid the jacket they slammed the door it did not wake her, but it did wake her brother from his nap. He shrugged it off going back to sleep.

Harleen was finally back after a week. She walked into her room, and Jokette was at the table and didn't turn when the door opened. Harleen made her way to her seat and gasped when she finally saw Jokettes face, she had a black eye and a bruised jaw her split lip was healing but still visible.

Jokette gave her a toothy grin, "Glad to see you're back."

Harleen would've blushed but she ignored her grabbing her face turning it slightly inspecting the bruises, making Jokette wince, "Who did this?"

"You'll know when they stop showing up."

"I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that." Harleen told her.