Prologue

Being Tony Stark's daughter has ups and downs, but it was worse when I was in hiding. His team of superheroes, the Avengers, had no clue of my existence. Before one could get within a mile of Avenger's Tower, I would receive a call telling me to hurry to my room and stay there until they would leave.

"It isn't time for them to meet you," he would always explain to me when I questioned why. "They've been through... stuff. I'm not sure how they would react." I've been hiding from them since they defeated the God of Mischief. Skip forward, and we're caught up to my present day. The Avengers and my father went to Sokovia to retrieve Loki's staff, and I couldn't help but feel like something big was going down. I was starting to get a small migraine from worrying.

"Miss Isabel," my father's AI JARVIS alerted me. I looked up from where my eyes were glaring a hole into my navy blue walls to the speaker on my ceiling. "Mr Stark and the Avengers have finished their infiltration of the HYDRA base in Sokovia. He asked for me to alert you so you can prepare for their arrival. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Yeah, I want to say hi to Metal Man," I replied with a small smile, a mixture of emotions going through me. I was thrilled that he was safe, but there was also a wave of nervousness from what I was about to do. I covered my feelings with a smirk. "Can he talk for a few seconds?" There was a fizz throughout the speaker system.

"I think I can talk to my lovely sarcastic daughter," I heard my father laugh, and my smirk broadened into a big smile.

"Hey, Daddy," I greeted him. "How was the mission?"

"Well, Water Girl," my dad sent back, using his nickname for me. "It went damn well." I frowned at the use of the curse word, crossing my arms across my chest. "Sorry, wrong choice of words. I mean it went great." I could tell by the way he was speaking that he was smiling. "But, sweetie, you really shouldn't have called. We don't need the team knowing-"

"That's exactly why I called," I interrupted him. "I'm done hiding in my room when the other Avengers come over. I know you don't feel comfortable with it and that they might not be either, but the longer we wait the weirder it will look. When Agent Hill comes out to greet you, I'm coming as well." There was silence on my father's end, and I sighed. "JARVIS, end call." The fizzing noise went off one last time, signaling that our talk was over. I slid my glasses off my face and rubbed the lenses with my shirt, a new smile forming on my face.

"I don't think Mr. Stark will be pleased," JARVIS noted, and I shook my head in agreement.

"Nope!" I replied cheerfully. "But I'm going out anyway!" Pushing my glasses back up my nose, I made my way over to a mirror and started fixing my hair to look presentable. I was finally going to meet the Avengers!