"Yes, I know who you guys are; I'm the one that called you guys. I don't understand what you're doing here as I never got a call back."

"There were some... extenuating circumstances, but we are here now, and ready to help."

I slumped down on one of the chairs, "That fantastic because we need all the help we can get. We're stuck." I proceeded to tell them about my theory about Brian, and any else we knew about the case so far.

"It's just a theory," Greene clarified. "As much as I would love to arrest him and get Layna, there has been no other indication that Brian was the one who did this, other then what Derek is telling me. There's no evidence, and therefore nothing I can do."

"If I've learned anything about working with Derek, its that his gut feelings are always right," Justin said. "If there is something off about this guy we will find it."

Humphrey had already started to type on his computer, his hands flying against the keys. "I'll see if I can uncover anything about him online, I'll just need a little bit of time."

"In the meantime," Amelia said, "has anybody visited the previous victim's families?"

"I personally spoke with some of the families when this first started, but they weren't very helpful, and didn't want to talk about it. I would have visited them, but most of them have left the area."

"Mia Tahir's mother still lives in Mississauga; its about a thirty-minute trip." I replied. "We can go and visit them if you think it could help."

"We might as well, we have to wait a little for Humphrey to do his magic anyways."

***

Amelia followed me to my rental car, but stopped me before I could get in. "Do you want to tell me what's going on with you? Why you just up and left, and didn't let anyone know where you were going?"

"I know her, Layna I mean. We grew up together."

"You still could have told me at least. I know we haven't been dating for that long, but I'm still your girlfriend."

"I'm sorry," I said, and it felt like I was apologizing for more then what we had been talking about.

She looked at me for a moment, then nodded her head. "Lets get going, shall we? Don't want to waste anymore time."

We got into the car, and started the drive to the Tahir house. On the way there I filled her in on the what had happened the last couple of days with Layna's case. The time passed quickly, and before I knew it we were pulling up to the small bungalow where Mrs. Tahir lived.

I led the way, and Amelia followed behind me as we made our down the path to the front door. It only took a couple of seconds after I had knocked that the door was opened, and Mrs. Tahir was looking at us suspiciously form behind the door. "Look, I'm not buying what you're selling, so don't waste your time." She then proceeded to slam the door in my face.

I exchanged a glance with Amelia before knocking again. "I said I don't want any! Leave or I'm going to call the police."

"Ma'am, my name is Amelia Arnocetti and this here is Derek Jackson. We are with the FBI and we're here about your daughter."

She opened the door, and I finally got a good look at her. She must have been in her late forties, with gray streaks in her ebony hair. She was medium height, and on the plump side.

"Show me your badges then I'll let you in."

Both me and Amelia pulled out our badges and showed them to Mrs. Tahir, who had opened the door slightly and was eyeing us warily. She beckoned us inside, leading us into the living room, where we took a seat on the couch.