Skullhead ~Chapter 1~

As I stood in the ring at The Cage, all I could hear was the blasting music and the cheers from the crowd.

I looked up at my opponent. 6', maybe 6'1", well built. All I could see in his eyes was anger, and a glint of fear.

I put my head back down as I got into my zone. Yeah, I know, sounds corny, but once I'm in my zone there's no getting me out of it until I feel like it. Once I'm in it, you don't want to get in my way.

I looked back up to see Hex saying something to my opponent. My opponent smirked at what he was saying.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine. I mean come on, she's just a little girl." My opponent said to Hex while smirking in my direction.

This got me very angry. I hate when people underestimate me just because I'm a girl. It really pisses me off.

"I may be a girl, but I'm the best fighter here. Have been since I was 14 years old." I told him with my own smirk.

"Well we'll see about that now won't we?" He asked, his smirk back.

"Alright you guys ready?" Hex asked us.

"Ready." We both said.

"Alright." Hex said turning to the crowd. "Tonight we have a new fighter. His name is James. He will be fighting the one and only... Cobra!" Hex yelled as the crowd started chanting "Cobra! Cobra! Cobra!"

"Fight!" Hex yelled as he jumped out of the ring.

James went and lunged at me. I jumped out of the way and jumped on his back, making him fall to the ground. I turned him around and started punching him in the face. He tried blocking my fist, but failed to do so. Eventually I got off him and stepped back as he got up. I smirked at him, but he just smirked back. I was a bit confused so I didn't see his fist heading towards my gut. He then punched me again so I decided to stop going easy on him. Yeah I was going easy on him.

I jumped and as James was focusing on my fist coming towards his face, he didn't notice that I was also going to punch him in the gut. I punched him and he fell to the ground.

Hex came out in the ring. He held up my hand and yelled, "And the winner is, of course, Cobra!" Everyone started cheering as I walked towards Hex and grabbed the money that I earned, shoving it into my pocket as I walked to get my bag and head to my foster home.

"Hey Cobra! Wait up!" Someone yelled.

I turned around to see James running towards me.

"Oh, hey James." I said not really in the mood to talk.

"I must say, you're pretty good." He said once he caught up to me.

"Thanks. Not too bad yourself." I said as I started walking again.

"Maybe we could hang out sometime?" He had a hopeful look in his eyes as he asked this.

"Sorry, but no. I don't like to hang out with people I fight."

"Oh, okay. I understand. See ya." He said walking away.

I kept walking and just as I was about to pick up my bag and leave, I heard the faint sound of police sirens.

"Shit! Police are coming! Everyone scram!" I heard Hex yell as everyone started scrambling about, trying to get out of the place. I ran to Hex with my bag and helped him get people out as fast as possible. Once we got the majority of people out, me and Hex started for the door. Just as we were about to get out, the door was busted in as police ran in. I saw Hex make a run for it and got out.

I hope he was safe.

I turned around and started to run to the back door of The Cage, but just as I was about to get out, I felt a pair of hands forcefully grab my wrists. I turned and saw a police officer.

Shit. I'm in big trouble now.