Chapter 9

Robin woke up the next morning to a sudden knock at my door.
"Huh?"
"The daycare is closed, why would someone come this early?"
She walked down stairs and slowly opened the door.
"Hello?"
"Miss Robin."
She blinked in confusion.
"Fredrick?"

In front of here was Chrom's friend Frederick, she had only met him the other day at the festival.
How did he even know where she lived?

He seemed to sense her confusion and continued.
"I'm sorry to bother you so early but I was hoping I could talk to you about something."
She hesitated for a moment but nodded.
"Come on in."

He walked in and she closed the door.
"Forgive me for not being in proper clothes," she said, pointing to her pajamas.
"It's fine, it is quite early."
"Can I offer you coffee?"
"Thank you."

Robin couldn't help but notice he seems nervous. She had always gotten a level headed and calm feeling from him. She wondered what changed.

After they were seated and a warm cup on the table, Robin smiled to help him relax.
"What can I do for you?"
Frederick looked down and sighed.
"I know we don't know each other very well...but your very level headed and mature, so I figured if anyone would know how to help me it would be you."
"That's what I thought he was."

"Go a head and tell me what's on your mind."
"You give people in relationships advise right?"
She snorted a bit.
"Advise, considering Henry being a bubble head, yeah."
"But why would this be of concern to you?"
"You see, not may people know this, but my wife actually lives in a different city."
"She does, why?"
"Her mother is very ill and she asked me if she could stay by her side until she passes away."

Robin grimaced a bit and looked down at her cup.
"I-im so sorry to hear that."
"Yes, my mother in law has been very kind to us and to think that she has only weeks left is heart breaking."

Was this the reason he came to her? He just needed someone to listen? Robin felt that she was still half wrong.
"I wanted to ask you if you think it would be better for me to move there."
"Move?"
"She said she wanted to move in with me but I feel like she would be happier in her home town." "What should I do?"
Robin considered this for a moment.
"His wife might be..."
She suddenly smiled and gave him a look.
"Lonely..."
He looked up. "What?"
"You should really think about this one."

"Your wife is saying that after her mother passes on she wants you two to live together, that clearly means she needs you."
"Huh?"
"When someone your close to dies of course you want to be with a loved one to get comfort and love from."
"I-I had not thought of that.."

"Your a good husband Frederick, just hearing how your willing to move away from friends so that your wife will be happy is very kind, but I feel like she wants to get away from that place so she can heal with the one she loves."
"Think about it, her mother just died, someone very dear to her."
"If I were her I would want to be with the person I love as well."
"Your the one she wants to depend on for comfort, right?"
"Yes, I suppose I see your point."
"But?"
"Huh?"
"There's a but coming on, I can feel it."
He sighed.

"W-what if I can't make her happy like she was when her mother was a live?"

Robin sighed too and hit the back of his head.
"What was that for?"
"You really are confused."
"Miss Robin.."
"You've been married for how long?"
"Five years.."
"Exactly, and now your having these second thoughts?!"
"She loves you Frederick, she wants to be with you in a time of need and your still thinking about if you can't make her happy?"
He looked at Robin in shock. She might not have even know how serious she had become of the topic.

"That's something a teenage boyfriend thinks about, not a 5 year husband."
He looked down.
"It's a bit selfish of you, not considering her feelings...yet some how I understand how you feel."
He blinked.
"You mean between you and master Chrom?"
Robin nodded, tossing the spoon she had around in her cup.
"Yes, despite everything sometime I doubt if I will be good enough for him and Lucina."
"She's a good kid",he pointed out.