CHAPTER ONE

GEORGINA

Don't cry.

Don't you dare cry!

Don't even think about crying, Gigi!

You've gotten through harder things in life than losing your job. Come on, this is small compared to climate change or a terrorist attack.

Shit. My book idea got ripped off, my one year of hard work gone ... just like that!
My fucking boyfriend left me without even saying good bye and now, I'm fucking homeless.

Okay, Georgina, everything's going to be alright. This is just a bad dream you have to wake up from.

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course, I'm going to cry.

My life is ruined.

My lip quivers, and tears pour down my face like someone just turned on a faucet.

Head down, I speed walk out of the building, ignoring everyone's curious eyes on me.

My landlord, a heartless forty-five year old whose karma I hope will soon bite him in the ass, just made a scene of kicking me out when I arrived earlier at the lobby.

In his defense, I truly was two months behind on payment and out of cash. But still, he could've asked nicely instead of humiliating me in front of everyone.

I swipe my arm over my eyes, not even caring that I'm probably smearing make up all over my face.

It's not like I have anyone to impress anymore.

I rush around to the side of the building where a Sedan is parked.

Lee Seo Joon, the asshole, at least had the decency not to take the SUV.

Thank God for small mercy. I could probably sleep here until I ran out of gas money.

I open the back door to toss my luggage on the passenger seat before climbing in and shutting the door behind me. I jab my key in the ignition and turn the engine on.

I open the dashboard to find Seo Joon's hidden stash of Camel Lights, roll the window down and lit a stick.

Let's just hope I don't combust with the amount of soju I took a while ago.

Seo Joon, you freaking coward.

I bet my last money his ass is on a flight to Korea right now. And once that plane has landed at Incheon, he's going to suck up to his chaebol grandma and tell her he was seduced by a pretty American girl while studying abroad and that now he's ready to take over their family business.

Huh, asshole.

No friends.

No money.

No plot for my next novel.

What the fuck am I gonna do?

Suddenly, there was a roar of snapping shutters and shouts calling a name.

I immediately froze.

The flash of the cameras temporarily blinding me as they were clearly headed this way.

"Carter! Carter, look this way, man! Smile a lil bit!"
"Carter, who were you with the other night?"
"This way, Carter! Look this way!"

Letting out a relieved sigh, I took a last hit of my stick and flick it off the good-looking car next to me, hoping it was this big hotshot Carter's.

Internationally renowned, instantly recognizable, his every move probably always on the headlines.

I hate those kind of people.

I slam the shift stick in reverse and hit the gas. My head whips around, and I see Mr. Hotshot's glare even though his hood is on.

He saw what I did.

So, I smirked and flipped him off before I roll my tinted window up.

I didn't see his reaction but I bet it was hilarious!