Mopsus sees all?

Sickness ran through his stomach. But they hadn't met Professor Mopsus yet. They wouldn't have met him for another several months, when he'd been hired on by Dumbledore... Back in March, there was no reason for Peter or anyone else to know who Mopsus was. None. Especially not for a squib like Maggie.

Peter suddenly wished very desperately that Sirius was there - or really anybody else that wouldn't find him positively mental... How in bloody hell had Maggie heard the words that the new Divination teacher spoke? Unless... unless she'd met him somehow... unless... Peter thought wildly. Was it possible that Professor Mopsus had been a witness to Honey Pettigrew's murder?

Suddenly there was a banging on the door, waking up Peter from his thoughts and the crystal went bumping out of his hands to the floor as he jumped, looking up at the compartment window. There, through the one of glass, stood Annalee Mckinnon, waving and smiling at him as he scrambled to get the ball up from the floor...

"Moony... wake up."

It was a little after eight in the morning and other than a quick, murmured good-bye when Peter had gone dragging his trunk out of there a bit after seven, neither Sirius nor Remus had moved at all since Sirius had come back to the tower, long after midnight, and Sirius had drug Remus up the dormitory steps and into bed. True to his word on the stairs, Sirius had got Rey all tucked in... and climbed in beside him.

It had felt odd at first, purposefully crawling into bed with Remus, both of them in their human forms from the start... but Remus had been just sleepy enough that the apprehension had burned off already so that when Sirius had climbed into bed with him, Remus had immediately moved into the hollow of Sirius's shoulder, pressing his cheek against Sirius's chest. Remus, though taller, fit perfectly against Sirius, so that if he bent his knees, which he'd always naturally done in his sleep anyway, he fit in the crook of Sirius's body, cradled in the protection of his arms. They'd slept this way through the night.

Now, Remus felt Sirius's lips upon his forehead and the gentle swipe of his hair out of his eyes.

"Mooony," Sirius whispered.

"Hmm?" Remus hummed as Sirius slipped his arm from beneath Remus's head and leaned over him, staring down at him, and Remus sleepily cracked his eyes open slightly...

"We're alone," Sirius whispered.

Remus was still sleepy, just staring up at Sirius with a softly contented smile upon his face. So Sirius bent low and kissed his nose, right over the scar, softly, and Remus laughed a tiny bit through his nose... his lips curling slightly at the edges as Sirius kissed along the line of Remus's freckles and a bit on his cheek. "Moony, Moony, Moony," he whispered in a sing-song voice as he did it between kisses, each one feeling more natural than the one before it, as though he'd kissed this skin a hundred times, as though he'd kiss it a hundred thousand times more, everyday for the rest of his life would've been fine with him. He felt as though he could never get enough of Remus and his skin. Softly, Sirius kissed over Remus's chin and down his neck to the soft triangular spot where his collarbone met his neck and shoulder and...

Remus giggled and pushed Sirius's shoulder, "That tickles... stop that," he said, biting his own lower lip and waking up a bit more and Sirius sat up, having succeeded at his mission of waking Rey up. Sirius grinned down at him as Remus stretched his arms and legs, yawning largely and rolling onto his side so he could twist and crack his back... He'd slept so bloody soundly, he couldn't recall a single dream the whole night through. He looked at Sirius, "What do you want, Padfoot, waking me up so bloody early?" he smirked.