"What are you doing?" Sunheart asked.

"I'm trying to get him to take you home with me," Hutch looked from Sunheart to his twoleg and mewed sweetly.

Hutch's twoleg turned to Sunheart's captor and barked something in his weird twoleg language. The twoleg reached down and opened Sunheart's cage.

"Act excited to see my twoleg," Hutch commanded.

Sunheart brushed her head against his leg and forced a purr. 

"I think it worked," Hutch said as his twoleg ran his paw along Sunheart's back. Hutch's twoleg stood up and started muttering at the other twoleg.

"What now?" she asked.

Hutch shrugged. "We wait."

They sat in silence for a while until Hutch's twoleg left the nest for a moment and returned with a different cage. He set the cage infront of the cats and opened the door. 

"Come on," Hutch climbed into the cage.

Sunheart lashed her tail from side to side. "Are you kidding me?" she spat, "I just got out of one cage and now your expecting me to climb into the next one i see?"

Hutch cocked his head to the side. "Would you rather stay here?"

Sunheart backed into the cage next to him, their was barely enough room for both of them.

"That's what I thought." 

Sunheart squeezed her eyes shut. "Just tell me when it's over." 

"My twoleg will take us back to his nest and you can leave if you'd like, have you ever been in a twolegsnest before?" Hutch said. Sunheart felt the cage sway as the twoleg picked them up.

"Not since I was I kit, I don't remember it much," Sunheart replied without opening her eyes.

"Where were you before you got caught?" Hutch asked. A monster roared to life.

"I had... fallen... into a river..." Sunheart couldn't believe how quickly everything had changed. It seemed like moons since she had last seen her family, "and I was swept down stream... I crawled out of the river, and next thing I know, I'm in a cage."

"Perfect," Hutch said, "I know where the river is, I can get Mumble to lead you up the river until you get home. He knows that forest better then anyone." 

"How do you know about the warriors?" Sunheart asked, she really didn't care, but she didn't want him to stop talking.

"I use to be in SkyClan," Hutch admited, "but I left to be a kittypet again."

Something in Hutch's tone gave Sunheart the feeling that he didn't want to talk about it. She let the subject drop. 

"You can open your eyes now," Hutch said. 

Sunheart opened her eyes. The cage was open so she got out slowly and froze. They were inside Hutch's twoleg nest. The ground was covered in a soft cream colored pelt. Sunheart saw the starry sky and instantly ran for it. She crashed into something hard and fell back onto a soft rock. 

"That's a window," Hutch stiffled a laugh.

"Window..." Sunheart mumbled. She knew that word, but she couldn't remember where she'd heard it before.

"Yeah, you can't go through it, there's glass in the way."

Sunheart looked down at her paws. "Why is this rock so soft?"

"It's not a rock, it's a sofa."

"How do I get out of here?" Sunheart asked.

Hutch yawned. "It's the middle of the night, I'll show you in the morning."