-10-

Taking this new information to heart, I only could assume that something else—something bigger—was coming to take a shot at me.

Either Beatrice wants me dead or has serious issues.

I gritted my teeth and put my hands up in the air. A sign of surrender.

"Alright, alright. No need to call in for help, okay? I am yours for the taking." I reluctantly said, closing my eyes in defeat.

Vanessa's eyes lit up like fireworks. "Oh my goodness... W-We did it. We did it. I... I can't believe it... Thank you... Thank you so much." She weirdly expressed gratitude me for my cooperation. It looked like Beatrice was really forcing them to do this. I would really hate working for her.

"Yea, yea. You can thank me later." I spoke, walking up to her. I held my arms up straight out in front of her, putting them a little higher than a usual criminal would. "Well, where's my handcuffs? Rope? Anything?"

Vanessa nervously scratched her head in response. She honestly didn't think that they would get this far.

I couldn't help but smirk after I made that statement. I flattened my hands like pieces of paper and shoved them deep into Vanessa's neck in a slicing motion, having her quickly fall to the ground in agony.

"I can't believe how unprepared you people are. They really didn't expect you to capture me, did they?" I questioned the girl, who laid in the grass semi-unconscious. I held tightly onto my backpack, fleeing deeply into the forest. It only seemed like this would be the only place that would keep me safe.

I barreled through trees, jumped over fallen branches, and dodged hanging undergrowth and anything else that got in my way. I had to escape, or at least keep myself hidden so that this 'thing' couldn't find me. My breath was starting to wear a bit thin, so I flew into the air and rested on a tree branch. My fingers on the hand that was placed on the tree trunk started to dig into it, as I was letting my nervousness get the best of me.

Yes, I admit that I was a bit worried for my wellbeing. Beatrice always took me head-on without any assistance. And now that I know that she has at least three mutant creatures doing her dirty work, it was only a matter of time before I would have to succumb to Beatrice's devices. I shuddered at the thought.

Turning my head to the city, I noticed a small flicker of the lights of the buildings near the park. Each window that had a light in it jittered, then appeared to be fine a moment later. My ears fell, hanging low as I watched this happen. That was a bit off-putting.

Then the flickering started to happen to the park lamps. They were bigger flickers than what was previously mentioned before. Each one flashed off and on until the one nearest to the forest did the same.

Oh no.

I tried to took off as fast as I could, but as soon as I landed, a forceful thrust was made to my face. It created a huge flash of light, quite similar to a strike of lighting. I was pushed backwards, using my movements to my advantage and scurrying behind a tree. However, that was short-lived as most of the trees in the surrounding area were scorched with only ashes remaining. I gulped, took a deep breath, and came out from where I was hiding.

Two looks up and down told me what I was dealing with.

"Oh, this is just wonderful. We've got a third girl. Beatrice must love sending them after me. Probably out of pity too." I spat at the ground and swished my tail. "Alright, what's your freaky power?"

Ramen blinked at Dagger, almost regretting attacking him in this fashion. Though just being with him in the same space for a couple of minutes, she thought in her mind that he actually was a really good person, despite what he had just said. But she had to get a grip. Beatrice wanted him, and she was tasked with the duty of retrieving him.