Chapter 1

-Harry-

James needed a drink. It was to early for me, but I followed him into the kitchen and sat near the table, while he poured a generous shot into a paper cup. He took a sip and smacked his lips carefully.

"Were you involved in that fuckery?“ James asked, making me jump by leaning in suddenly.

"Sorry?“ I put my glass of water down. „So, in all the years you‘ve known me, nothings I‘ve even done, none of it has ever been good. I‘ve always been bad, that‘s why you are assuming things?“ James thought he knew everything, and he was right about half the time, but not this time.

"Where you involved?“ he repeated the same questions once again and looked straight into my eyes, ignoring the one I asked him.

"No sir...“ I paused searching for words, that could explain him everything, but I knew that I couldn‘t, I made a promise and I couldn‘t break it.

"I found your wallet...‘‘  he hesitated for a moments, as if he had something more to say.  „...   near his body, Harry“ he finished and bunched his mounth into a tight line. Then he pulled my black leather wallet out of his pocket and placed it on the coffee table in front of me. „I mean, it wouldn‘t be so bad if you had stolen something, but this, you can go to jail this time.“

"God, James, you can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, really you can...“

"I‘m just trying to help“ he said, got up slowly, went into his room and shut the door behind him. For a moment or two the room was silent.

"I didn‘t do anything, well I didn‘t do anything on purpose, James, you need to believe me.“ I wishpered and closed my eyes so I could travel to the moment when I met her and this story started.

-Daisy-

As far as I can remember I wanted to be an actress. I used to act with my cousins on summer holidays. And one summer when my father asked, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” I proudly answered, “I want to be an actress, dad” That’s when my journey began. At age of 14 I started auditioning, my headshots were ugly compared to others. I decided this while glancing at the other actresses’ large glossy pictures. Their big blue eyes stared out at me from the paper. Their pictures sure didn’t look like mine. But I had something, something that they loved. Maybe my full lips, dark hair or my white teeth. Now 5 years later, I was travelling back into town on the train, into town where everything started and I realized how I missed London. A town that is full of life, people, joy, traffic. A town full of happiness.

“Hey, can I sit down next to you?” asked a young man as he raised his arm. “Harry” He said quietly.

“Sure, be my guest” I answered and shook his hand at the same time. “My name is Daisy, nice to meet you”.

“Where are you from?” He asked and put his bag on the seat infront of me.

„London“, I answered and yawned a staged-yawn, signalling the converstion was at the end.

„I see“ he laughed while pointing to the script that I was reading; “I see you are going to take a part in this movie.”

“Yes?”

“No nothing.” He raised his eyebrows and laughed again. I rolled my eyes and continued to read my script.

-Harry-

We ended up in an amusement arcade on Old Compton street, where I insisted Daisy to join me on one of those dance-step machines, and as she stood next to me, stomping out a dance routine on the illuminated dance floor and I had a sudden anxiety that Daisy might be one of those free-spirit types. The kind of irreverent life-force who, in the imaginary romantic comedy currently playing in my head, turn’s the hero’s narrow life up side down.

“That thing freaks me out every time.” She said, wincing. “It’s like having God looking down at you or something.” She was talking about the huge billboard that we saw as we walk through the bus stop after we left the arcade at two in the morning.“God in a puffy white blouse.” She laughed and quickly sat on the grass near the same billboard, oh she was that random. „You know what? I really really want to travel. I really want to take nothing but a couple of clean shirts and underwear in a small bag and just take a train and sleep in it and meet random people and make love on the field like this and get drunk and make memories with someone who I can call my own. To try new food and do everything you can do to get to know a new country and yourself.“ Then she suddenly stopped. „ Do you want to see something?“ She said and pulled herself to her feets.

„What?“

„You are not to tell anyone I showed you this, alright?“ She whispered and took my hand by surprise .“Follow me“ She said and started walking, dragging me with herself.

---

Hope you liked it!! Comment and vote if you think I should continue! x