Part 1

A pulsing, malevolent fog drifted across the planes of Wiltshire. The mysterious stones of Stonehenge rose prominently into the night sky, lit only by a ribbon of moonlight. They stood there like guardians of Earth, their meaning unbeknown to Man. The silence of the darkness was deafening - not a single sound could be heard. An eerie stillness enveloped the strange monument - but it was not to last...

~~~~~~

For years, Poseidon had kept his prized, deadly trident close to him. He, with this glorious weapon, had fended off the demons of the sea and protected his family and ocean. Countless times, monsters had tried to wreak havoc on his palace, but he had stopped them. He, Poseidon, the great and powerful god of the sea. But today, he felt an unbelievable rage and hollowness inside him; his trident, which he kept in a huge cabinet decorated with seaweed and coral, was missing. Gone. Stolen, for sure. A bellow of anger rippled through the waves as he slammed his huge fists against the empty cabinet, shattering it into minuscule glistening shards. With a swift flick of his wrist, he was propelled like an arrow from a bow up through the ocean, to the surface. From there, he shot across the crystal blue sheet of beauty. He was faster than any mermaid or hippocampus, and truly was the king of the sea.

Water cascaded from Poseidon's broad shoulders as he stormed onto the shores of Greece. As he looked up, his eyes settled on the amazing Mount Parnassus - his destination, the home of The Pythia, The Oracle of Delphi.

The god of the sea waited patiently inside Apollo's temple for The Pythia to welcome him. When she did, she did not speak, just simply beckoned him into the dim room. They both sat down in plush chairs, and the Delphic Oracle finally spoke.
"What is it you seek, mighty god of Olympus?" Her voice was hoarse, as if it wasn't often used.
"You are omniscient, Oracle, so am I not wrong in assuming you already know what I 'seek'?" Poseidon's tone was not friendly, just taught - he was evidently furious.
"All you gods are the same - you think you are omnipotent, yet you come to me for guidance. What problem do you have with pleasantries? I'm assuming you do not want wine then?"
"Do not anger me further, Oracle. And no, I do not want wine, I am not my brother's drunkard son."
"I am sure Dionysus would be displeased to hear his uncle speak so poorly of him. He is a god too, after all."
"Indeed, but what use does a god of wine have?"
"Enough! You wish to know who stole your trident, am I correct?"
"You are."
"Well, it was not one of your fellow gods; in fact, not a spawn of Olympus at all. Your trident is in the possession of an Earth child. My dear Poseidon, your trident was stolen by a human..."

~~~~~~

Alyssa sprinted silently through the growing darkness. As she ran, the object throbbed in her hand. Although she was young, she had witnessed plenty trauma and distress in her life. The mesmerising scars of battle - with others and herself - decorated her bare arms and legs. Her dark brown eyes scanned her surroundings as she ran, her plait bouncing against her back. The fantastic green glow from the object seemed to be the only thing lighting the darkness whilst the full moon cowered behind dark clouds. This weapon could keep her family safe for generations. No one would dare try to hurt her again. Her enemies would hide in fear as she wielded this...definition of perfection. She adored weapons of all shapes and sizes, but this was something else entirely. After all, it was a weapon of Olympus. A god's weapon. And not any god. This was Poseidon's trident. No, it used to be Poseidon's trident - it was now hers. She collapsed into her warmed cottage overlooked by the mysterious circle of rocks, and drifted into a deep slumber.

~~~~~~

The darkness shredded as a brilliant blue light appeared between two stones of Stonehenge. It was like a tear in the very air. And out of this 'tear', stepped Poseidon himself. He would claim back what belonged to him.