Pyrína, Chapter 1 (not complete)

Once, a long time ago, there was a Vos.
This Vos created the Megáli Ékrixi.
When it settled, the archái were born.
When the archái were creating the planets, and the stars, and the moons, one of them wanted to fill all of that empty space.
Zoi had been created.
As it evolved, so did the archái, and soon they created greater Zoi.
Frourá had been made.
Soon, the frourá were watching over Zoi, and vice versa.
Darkness started to rise, known as skotádi.
They hated all that was Zoi, but knew they couldn't face Zoi unless frourá were out of the equation.
They fought.
For centuries during the Próto Pólemos, frourá and Zoi alike couldn't tread outside, in fear of the skotádi.
But, when Zoi, frourá, and the archái fought together, they defeated the skotádi.
For centuries since, and hopefully for centuries more, there was peace.
                                                            ~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~
She breathed in, taking in the crisp morning air. Balancing on her hind legs, she spread her wings, the satisfying whooshing sound making her smile. She then lift her wings and flapped once, twice, three times up and down, gaining lift. Soon she was above her house, a huge structure modified for wyvern use. As she reached the top, she used her legs to launch higher, so she could soar. Soon, she was flying above the small village, watching the humans down below awed at the sight of her. She roared for dramatic affect, the frills on her back and her leathery wings glowing a slightly brighter red.

"Pyrí, its time for practice!" Her mother called for her via mind, a trick she had her learn at age 500, or in human years, 5.

Pyrína turned around and started heading toward home. When she arrived, her mother was waiting for her on the balcony.

"Its roasted tuna tonight. I've found a few different herbs that I thought you'd like!" She moved aside for Pyrí to land.

"That sounds amazing." She always had really liked fish, even though most guardians enjoyed their element. As they went in and sat down around the stone table that she had made for her mother when she was learning how to use her powers, her mother went and brought two skewers of whole tuna and placed them strait on the table. They were covered in herbs, and the skin was roasted to a perfect, brittle brown.

"Are you excited for your first day of the last year of school tomorrow?" Her mother beamed with pride. Pyrí, on the other hand, had bad experiences with school, or school for guardian wyverns.

"Yeh, I guess..." She murmured, avoiding saying anything else by taking a large mouthful of tuna.

"I'm sure you'll be the best frourá in the whole grade!" Pyrí forced a smile, before eating another large chunk of tuna.

She was one of the smallest frourás, or guardians, in the whole school. Her mother called it a special trait, when all it got Pyrí was lots of teasing and mean comments.

When they were finished, her and her mother went outside into the backyard for meditation practice. They sat, closed their eyes, and emptied their minds. Pyrína could feel her mother easily exit her body, while she took a bit longer. When she did, she could see her own body, sitting down with its eyes closed. She could also see her mothers body, and in front of that a transparent shape that distorted the view behind it, which Pyrí  knew was her mother's Vos, or energy. Her mother called it their soul.

"Good, good! Now, we will continue with connection." She could see, or feel, her mother walking toward a tree.

"Any tree will take you to the same place: the tree kenos. What does this tree feel like to you?" As you can't 'see' in your Vos form, you feel the Vos around you to make a picture of the area. It's like a blind creature using sounds and touch to 'see' the area around them. The difference is that wyverns can see color, and the picture looks much different.

Instead of a brown tree trunk and green leaves, Pyrí felt warm tendrils of neon green and a reddish brown in the general shape of a tree. Pyrí told her this, and her mother's vos got a tiny bit warmer, indicating that she was smiling.

"Perfect, now hold onto one of those tendrils and let it pull you in." Pyrí did, and she let it pull her into the comforting kenos. She felt like she was being immersed in a hot tub, and when she came out she was in a totally different place. As she was looking around, she felt her mother come in as well.

"How is the kenos, or void?" Her mother floated up next to her.

"It's... Magical. There's no other way to describe it." All around them was a huge park, with some other vos. Some were playing tag, some were playing with a Frisbee, while the rest just lay in the grass underneath the trees.

Just as they started walking around the park, Pyrí felt a piercing cold, right in her heart if she had one. Her mother stopped as well, and felt worried.

"Dear, let's go now." She started dragging Pyrí up, and she had no choice but to follow. Below them, she could see the calm vos's start to panic. Right before they exited the kenos, she saw a dark shape tear strait though a vos. Pyrí opened her eyes in her body and looked to her mother for explanation.