Doctor Swan* 2

Next Day

Emma's POV
You've got to be kidding. I was running late and Regina would surely have my hide for this. Tossing my purse onto my shoulder I dash out of my apartment, locking the door behind me and book it out to my car.

Throwing my stuff into the back I slip behind the wheel and start it up, driving into Boston traffic. Fiddling with the wheel and my phone I text Whale.

Me: "Hey, running late. Keep the Evil Queen AWAY from my office until I get there. I owe ya one, thanks!"

I click send and return my hand to the wheel taking in a deep breath. I had to meet this Killian Jones today and my alarm clock had broken over night, just my luck.

I arrive at the hospital 20 minutes late and scramble to get to the elevator. I throw my hair up into a messy bun and fix my white coat over my light blue scrubs, trying to get to my office without begin seen. Slipping into my office I shut the door behind me and exhale deeply.

Someone clears their throat behind me making me shoot up straight. I slightly turn to be confronted by Whale and a stranger sitting with his back to me.

"Your late."he speaks boldly crossing his arms. I roll my eyes and shift my bag to the other arm relieving the throbbing pain in my shoulder. "You can cut the act Whale, he's bound to find out sooner or later."I say sarcastically walking to my desk.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair as I throw my keys onto the desk making a loud bang. The person in the seat keeps their eyes locked onto my every move.

I don't even glance at them returning my focus to Whale,"Why are you in here?"I ask plopping down in my seat. He smirks,"Did you already forget?"he asks with a chuckle.

I smile sarcastically,"I'm not as dumb as you would think. I've got to meet that guy, right?"I ask leaning back in my seat. "That guy has a name."somebody snaps back at me.

That's when I finally take note of the man sitting in front of me. He had a cocky and arrogant attitude practically radiating off of him. But gosh, he was hot.

He had thick raven black hair that was styled into a wave and a trimmed beard that ran across his strong jaw line. His bright blue eyes sparkled with mischievousness and mystery; secrets I wanted so badly to unlock were trapped in the black pits. Why do I sound like Shakespeare?

He wore dark blue scrubs that made his features pop even more and he held a dangerous look. He looked near his earlier 20's, like me,

His eye brow was cocked and his eyes held an ignited fire. He seemed mad at me ignoring him or he was just putting on a show. His accent still ringed in my ears making my stomach clench wildly, was that a hint of Irish? Why did it sound so familiar?

I blink, I had never been affected by somebody so suddenly. Whale clears his throat loudly,"Emma, this is Killian Jones. Your new intern."he says glancing between us.

I clear my throat and recompose myself,"Right. Hi,  welcome to Boston Memorial Hospital."I say standing up to shake his hand. He slowly follows me and takes my hand with his.

Something bolts up my arm at the small contact but I push it aside as he firmly shakes my head. "Pleasures all mine."he smiles strangely, almost as if he-

"Well then...I'll leave you two to it. Emma, show him around and teach him the basics."Whale commanded exiting the room. I don't have time to respond before the door shuts.

I bite my lip nervously and return my attention to the devil in front of me. He smirks and raises an eyebrow,"Should we begin with the tour, love?"he asks cockily. I roll my eyes as all attraction to him flees my mind,"Don't get too excited."I spit back grabbing the clip board off my desk.

He just chuckles and follows me out of the room, then down the hall. We walk past various rooms, me describing each, who works there, what goes on and so on.

Taking a deep breathe we near the end of the tour and my stomach had a bout clenched 30 times. Why did he seem so familiar?

I turn to face him and nearly collide with his toned chest, we were at the very end of the hallway away from the crowd. He smirks wickedly and takes a step closer me nearly making me run into the wall.

"Have you figured it out yet?"he chuckles with a hint of...well something, I couldn't get a read on him. I narrow my eyes and grip my clipboard more firmly,"Figured out what?"I spit at him feeling his eyes burn into me.

Taking another step forward he nearly pins me against the wall: but being only 2 inches taller than me I didn't understand how. He smirks and leans forward sending black strips of hair into his iced eyes.

Love.

That's when it hit me....Mr. Irish. Oh gosh, NO, you've got to be kidding!! I gulp and feel anger boil up on me,"Why didn't you tell me?"I snap at him feeling as if my privacy had been violated.

He shrugs and shoves his hands deep in his pockets,"I wanted to see how long it'd take you,"he chuckles deeply sending my heart fluttering,"Which was long." I roll my yes and walk around him back to my office,"That's not a good answer."I grumble under my breath coming up to my door.

Pushing it open I walk in and turn on my heel to be faced by non other than Mr. Irish himself. "Why are you still following me?!"I ask nearly throwing the clip board out of my hand.

Ignoring my question his expression turns serious,"How is the person on the other side of that bloody door any different than me?"he asks keeping his icy stare directed to me. I frown...I honestly didn't have an answer so I say the first thing that pops into my mind.

"Because I actually know who you are now."I rush out in a the blink of an eye. He burrows his eyebrows,"What the devil does that mean?"he ask sharply. I groan laying my clipboard on my hip and holding the bridge of my nose,"Listen Jones, yesterday I was....tired and didn't know what I was doing, just forget it."I mumble feeling the weeks activities weighing on me.

He steps forward even more, looking at me with compassion and sympathy,"Your hurting, Swan..and you keep it all locked up inside. Did you ever think that might not be good for you?"he mutters as a shudder shiver runs from my head down into my toes.

I sigh shakily and shake my head,"Don't act like you know me Killian, we just met."I whisper, sounding more like I was trying to convince myself.

Sorrow fills his eyes,"Actually love I do....your just like me."he says in a hushed voice. I feel my eyebrows shoot up as the news hits, this cocky- arrogant jerk actually knows what's it like to feel broken?

"How?"I ask before I even process what I was getting myself into. He sighs as pain flashes across his eyes, dragging a hand through his hair he makes it look rougher. If I wasn't in this current situation I'd probably go weak in the knees. How could he be so upset but so hot at the same time?

"It was early...her name of Milah and-"his voice cracks as tears flood his gaze,"And I put her in harms way, she was killed because of me."he spits as a mixture of emotions flash across his eyes.

I feel regret rush through me, pitting the broken man before me,"I-I'm sorry. That's awful."I whisper keeping my gaze locked on the ground. He sighs shakily and steps forward slightly grabbing my hand,"But I've learned how to move on and....I think I can help you learn how. Trust me love?"he whispers hopefully.

I feel my eyebrows shoot up, he wanted a...relationship? "I...."

3 months later and I was dating the man on the other side of the door. 4 months after that I was falling in love, 1 1 year later and he proposed. 2 months later and I had a husband.

I'm so glad I learned to let go of my past.