Chapter 3

Angel smacked her lips and rolled her eyes. "We were all kidnapped, Einstein."

"No, no I mean I-I remember it."

She leaned forward grabbing my shoulders. "What do you remember?"

"I never drank before, but I was drunk and ended up puking on my dress. He took me and dressed me, then he put me in his car."

I quickly added after glancing at her eager eyes. "I passed out before we made it here though."

Her shoulders sank. "Well, maybe Nia can help fill in some missing pieces."

I nodded. "Yeah. Hey, wait a sec."

She raised her eyebrows.

"He had this forest scent on him," I said. "Not like the fake forest cologne, it was a natural smell of the forest."

"We must be somewhere outside of Austin than," Angel frowned.

"Hopefully not too far though." I said shrugging.

"Well, I'm gonna go to bed. Good night."

She laid down and turned her back to me.

"Good night," I said before laying down on my side.

Thoughts flew around in my head like an angry swarm of bees. It kept me up all night until I closed my eyes and met my monsters.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Cold water and a couple of ice cubes fell upon me, freezing me to the bone. I coughed sputtering water out of my mouth.

"What the?" I said as I sat up looking around.

My eyes fell on him holding a bucket and staring at me.

"You have five minutes to get ready," He said. "Be downstairs after you're done."

He turned and walked out the door. I looked at the other girls and they were already dressed. Standing up slowly, I waddled to the bathroom letting out soft sighs from the coldness. There was no way I would be able to take a hot shower in five minutes, so I decided to strip and try to dry myself as fast as I could.

I felt something hard against my black dress and dropped it as soon as I recognized what it was. Puke. I had forgotten that I vomited yesterday and I couldn't stand the sight, nor touch, of puke. It made me want to puke myself. I swallowed hard and bit my lip as I put the ruined dress in the trash bin.

I washed my face with a warm cloth before throwing on the sweater he put on me. I still felt his hands rough handling my body as he put the sweater on me, my body bending every time he jerked the sweater. It was soft as a baby's blanket though and it was huge on me compared to my small body.

I exited the bathroom and opened the small dresser to look for pants. His sweater came to my mid thighs, but I didn't want to be anywhere near him with no pants on. I found some black sweatpants and I put them on quickly. I put on my black heels from yesterday because I didn't have any other shoes to wear, nor time to search for any.

I opened the door and stepped out in a small hallway. To my right was the end of the hallway and to my left was two more rooms across from our room with a staircase that lead downstairs.

I walked down the stairs slowly and I saw a light that was leaking out of a wide opening. Nia and Angel was standing at the entrance of what appeared to be the kitchen. I joined their side, locking my eyes on him.

He stood in front of a door in between a washer and a dryer with his arms crossed over his chest. I couldn't tell what he was thinking and it slightly moved something inside of me that I didn't know. I looked around with my eyeballs, afraid to move an inch because of what he might do. The kitchen was the size of a men's workroom with counters- along with matching colored cabinets, a dishwasher, and a fridge. I was surprised that we could all fit in this kitchen.

"This morning, you will each go on a different scavenger hunt to find the components of your own breakfast," He pulled out three small papers out of the drawer close to him. "Each of you will have the same breakfast, but you will embark on a different journey to get them. Get them all, you get a full breakfast. Half, half breakfast."

He paused and slowly turned his eyes on me. "None, you get no breakfast."

I gulped and clenched my fists staring back at him. I wasn't going to break down in front of him again no matter what. 

"Understand?" He said holding out the papers.

I grabbed mine first and quickly glanced over it. I had to find eggs, berries or nuts, and wood. I nodded to myself and folded the paper into the pocket of my pants.

"This part won't be timed, but if I have to go out there and get you,"He squared us all in the eye. "You won't like the consequences." 

He moved to the side and waved his hand towards the door. "Go."

I was the first one out. The morning air was crisp and I breathed in it's sweet, natural earth scent. I was right about the forest and his forest scent. We must have been in the middle of  nowhere to have a forest as his backyard. My mind was running all over the place that I couldn't keep up with it. I was focused on finding my breakfast, but I was looking around for a way to escape as well. I tried thinking of all the possibilities there is that could happen if I tried to escape and I probably was not the only one thinking about it. How could he trust us so easily not to try to escape? 

I took a deep breath and steered my mind in a different direction. In order to survive this and do what he want is to not rebel, but to do exactly what he wants.