Chapter 3 Broken

Chapter 3

Leighton's POV

I was ready to talk to Matty. After a twenty minute pep talk from Luke at least. I drove to his house with shaking hands. When I finally pulled up I still couldnt will myself to get out of the car. I called Lillie and tried to get a grip. "Lil I'm scared!" "Leighton you can do this! Dont you want to know what happened? Why he forgot you? You'll never get the answers you deserve if you don't get your ass in gear and go knock on the douche's door." I sighed said goodbye and got out of my mom's car because mine was in the shop. Lil was right I do deserve answers and I set on getting them. I walked up his driveway growing weary again. What if he didn't want to talk or he was mad at me for slamming the door in his face. I was still shaking as I reached his door. It was really chilly and my nerves were making this harder. I can do this I had to keep saying as I knocked. He opened the door looking shocked and a little disappointed? Why would he be disappointed was he expecting someone else? "Hey Matty I was hoping we could talk?" He kept looking around me and wouldn't look me in the eye. "Matty? Matty? Damn it Matty at least look at me you owe me that much." I trailed off my voice ending in a whisper. Did I piss him off that much did he not want to see me? He finally looked at me. His eyes weren't the same azure blue ones I had fallen in love with now they were just blue puddles without a trace of life. "Leighton I can't talk right now. Im expecting someone who at the moment is more important I talk too then you so just go." He scolded me treating me like a naughty child. "Fine Matty if that's what you want. Just know if I leave now I'm not coming back. This is your last chance. It's either now or never." Just then a really pretty red head walked up with a smile on her face and ran into my boyfriend's arms. That's when I felt my heart break. Matty just looked at me. No explanation just coldness. "I guess you made your choice. Goodbye Matthew." I whispered and then I ran I couldn't believe what just happened. He really had rejected me.... He actually left me well I left him but still. No more sweet kisses or whispered I love you's no more love. I opened the door to my mom's car and tried to drive home but thoughts of Matty kept invading my thoughts. Every big event in my life had included him. I was almost there when out of no where there was a honk and then crushing pain appeared in my body as everything went black.

Matty's POV

I watched her drive away almost crying out with her. I had hurt the person I had promised myself to protect. All I could do to keep myself from chasing after her was by chanting Nathan needed me. I looked down at Diana who looked up at me. "So that was the infamous Leighton I keep hearing about baby cousin." I just nodded not being able to speak. "Why didn't you tell her I was your cousin?" "Because I can't hurt her anymore. I'm already lying to her about YOUR boyfriend". Yes Diana was dating Nathan my best friend and she knew about him being in rehab. "Well hopefully you make up now come on let's go inside it's cold out here.". Di was a master on avoiding subjects she didn't want to talk about it so I wasn't surprised when she brushed me off. Di never felt sympathy for others if you didn't have what you wanted she felt you deserved what you got. In Di's eyes Lei had just given up. The thought of her giving up on me hurt like hell but I would manage I always did.

2 Hours Later

******************* ring*

The phone wouldn't stop ringing so I finally picked it up. "Hello?" "Matty?" "Yes?" "This is Debbie Leighton's mom, she's............ she's been in an accident. We're at the hospital can you come?". "Of coarse I'll be right there I'll bring luke.". "No need he's already here with Lillie." She hung up after that. I was in shock. O no! This was my fault. If only I had told her the truth. I have to see her, to make sure she's ok. She has to be.....

**At Hospital**

I ran out of the elevator and saw Lillie, Leighton's friend and my brother sitting against the wall crying. "Luke is she ok?" I was panicking now. I couldn't loose her she was everything to me. If she was ok I would spend every chance making up to her every thing I had missed these past couple weeks. "Matt she's in a coma....and.....they don't know if she's going to wake up......" I felt my knees give out and the tears started to poor. First I loose my best friend now the only girl I love. "This is all my fault" kept coming out of my mouth in between sobs. I was going to loose her..........

Luke's POV

I looked at my brother. My big brother who never cried ever, collapsed in a heap on the floor sobbing uncontrollably. He really did care about her? I did freak out when he hit the floor his head made a thump on the cold floor of the hospital hallway. He passed out..... Really? Even though Lei was in the hospital I found it slightly funny that he passed out in a hospital hallway......