Chapter 15. Change

Start from the beginning

He looked over the stall and shook his head, “Sorry darl!”

How was I going to pay for this? I looked over at Kakashi’s full bowl of noodles and saw money. I sighed in relief, thank God.

I finished my dish before asking the chef to put Kakashi’s ramen soup in a plastic container. I gave the money Kakashi left before trying to find my way back to Kakashi’s apartment. I wondered if he went on ahead, maybe he was feeling sick.

The night was cold and the breeze swayed by, playing through my hair. I wondered where Kakashi went off to. I turned the corner to only realize I was at a dead end, the turn I thought that lead to Kakashi’s apartment was not the one. I turned back onto the street and continued down the road. Where was Kakashi’s apartment? I kept walking, looking, but I couldn’t figure out where I was.

“Kakashi.” I whispered his name.

Maybe it would have been better if I didn’t come at all. Had he really regretted me so much, that stupid kiss? I felt the warmth of my tears build up before falling. Why had I trusted him so much? Him to have kissed me, to be able to kiss him. I was what he said. ‘Naive’. I soon found myself walking faster, and then running.

I ran and ran, wiping my eyes when I ran into something solid. I fell to the ground and quieted myself. I looked up to see four male ninja’s stare at me. I was somewhere dark, a place that had a gloomy atmosphere. I could feel my heart pounding away as one of the men took a hold of my upper arm, forcing me onto my feet. They surrounded me but did not speak.

I kept sniffling before bowing, “I’m sorry.”

I stood straight and turned to go back the way I ran in from but they hadn’t budged or made the effort to move.

“You know,” the man in front me looked around at the other men as he spoke, “I don’t like outsiders, especially if they’re girls.”

I stood there completely and utterly terrified, “Please don’t do this…” My voice was completely shaken.

If this was the day I would die, I might as well take one along with me. I hesitated whether to hit him, but I stood there.

The man from behind took a handful of my hair and yanked me back. They all began to laugh as I cringed. A hand struck me across my face and the grip on my hair pulled harder. Was this really the Leaf Village?

“Scream you stupid girl!”

If this was really the Leaf Village, if I screamed, tell me who would help me if I was getting bashed by the men of this village.

They began to pull my clothes, ripping it. The vest first, soon it’ll be my shirt. I struggled and squirmed, pulling away from the man that held my hair. I was repeatedly hit and laughed at as they continued on to hit me.

Kakashi this is all you fault.

I felt warm tears tumble, soon hearing them laugh.

“KAKASHI!!” I screamed out his name, they began to pull at my shirt.

All my thoughts of him flashed before me.

“You low life piece of shit!”

That… that was Kakashi.

I closed my eyes and fell back. The man that held my hair let go as soon as he heard Kakashi’s voice.

I woke up noticing that I was in a hospital room again. The ceiling was the first thing I saw, the second was Kakashi. He was sound asleep, his hand on top of mine, and his upper body on the bed. I didn’t know whether to yell and blame him, or smile at how sweetly he slept beside me. I gazed at him, so much I wanted to say, but I couldn’t, there was already so much he had done.

I placed my hand on top of his, “Kakashi!” I whispered his name.

His head shot up and his expression soon became saddened, “Zarachael!”

As he spoke my name he got off his chair and held me close within his arms, caressing me.

I softly pushed him away and smiled, “Kakashi, I think it would be-”

He interrupted, “You can came and rest at mine, there’s no need for you to stay here.”

I didn’t want to go back. I didn’t want to feel the need of having someone important in my life. I didn’t want to be a somebody to anyone.

“Kakashi I-”

“Zarachael I’m sorry!”

I continued on, “I think it would be best if I left the village…”

With what I said, the room became very quiet. My hand that Kakashi held onto soon loosened and fell onto the bed. He took a couple, uneasy steps back before observing me, “Zarachael…”

“Kakashi this is the only way…”

“No! It’s not!” He shouted.

I gazed at him stunned; did he really just say that? He walked over to me and ripped the hospital sheets off of me before lifting me within his arms, “Kakashi stop!”

I squirmed in his arms but he had a firm hold on me.

“I won’t let this be the only way… because I’m not going to lose you again…”

My eyes built up with tear. He stared at me and held me closer to him. I turned my head towards his chest and felt my tears run down.

He walked through the village with me held in his arms, walking with pride as if he had nothing to be ashamed about. I only looked at him. I now couldn’t care less about what people thought. Kakashi was the only person who had a major impact on my life, an impact that happened years ago.

I couldn’t come to understand how he could persuade me so easily. Making me stay here, I had nothing important about me but the history between us. Maybe that was it, our history, our family.

“Kakashi?”

He looked at me, “Yes Zarachael?”

“Why? Will you tell me about my family now?” I couldn’t understand how my body worked because as soon as I said this, tears soon came to fill my eyes.

“Wait,” As he began to run, I curled into his body, “Just wait…” he repeated.