Chapter 9. Goodbye

Blood was everywhere in a short amount of time.

I was gasping for air, shaking in my chair, screaming aloud that I had told him of nothing. Nothing, I had told him nothing, but that answer wasn’t good enough. My body was cut and stabbed upon over and over. Begging wasn’t an option that I had decided to take. This was probably why they went so far into this brutal investigation, but how would I know far, if I never really was in one.

He stopped and stood there, smiling at what he created. Carvings, stab wounds and bruisers. My head bowed forward as I caught back my breath. I slowly lifted my head and gave off a sly smirk and giggled. I was surprised that I hadn’t given out, by the amount of blood that had left my body I should have been unconscious by now… unless he had done a jutsu to keep me awake.

His face straightened as he crouched out in front of me. He slowly made his hand down my shoulder to my hand, running his bloodstained fingers over the wounds. He smiled as the smirk on my face disappeared into a cringed of discomfort to his touch.

“I wonder how many fingers it will take for you to tell me.” He laid his hand above mine before grabbing a hold of my pinky.

He slowly began to bend it back until it couldn’t go any further. He held it there and glared at me with the most expressionless, cold face. I began to gasp, preparing myself for the pain.

CRACK.

I gave off the most disturbing scream.

The pain was unbearable. I could feel my heart pumping faster, and the flow of blood leaving my body increased.

The door burst open, “That’s enough Atsushi!”

I slowly lifted my head upwards and glared at the shadowed figure as he said, “There’s also a limit to how you treat a woman.” His voice almost sounded amused.

He walked underneath the light and stood expressionless at my sight. I breathed aloud and glared at him with so much hatred. Atsushi lifted his hand to the side and slapped me across the face. My body leaned onto the arm of the wooden chair with agitation. I spat out blood and coughed a couple of times. I turned to sit up when another figure stood by the door of the room. The figure jerked with hesitation as I caught sight.

“Don’t curse our leader within your eyes prisoner 1.6.7.7!” Atsushi spoke aloud.

I sat up right and gave off a laugh, “A leader that can’t prove a victim’s innocents is a worthless leader, and a leader who doesn’t care about anyone but himself and the power he holds would still count as worthless!”

“You little brat!” Atsushi grabbed the roots of my hair and held a kunai to my throat, “Say it and I will Village Leader.”

I stared at the dim spot light and closed my eyes to hear the command.

“Village Leader, there was a message sent for you.” My eyes opened at his voice, and tears welled up.

It was Shin that watched me. He was the shadowed figure that stood by that door.

“Kill me.” My voice was straight as tears rolled from my cheeks.

“If that’s what you-” The Village Leader was interrupted by a loud explosion.

Atsushi dropped the kunai and released my hair, having to steady himself from falling. The Village Leader turned to the door and walked out in a hurry, “Kill her Atsushi.”

Shin stood in the room and watched as Atsushi made his way to the fallen weapon.

I stared at his motionless figure as I heard Atsushi make his way back.

 “Goodbye Shin.” I closed my eyes and lifted my head.