chapter 8

Michaels POV

"Thank you for today Michael, maybe we can do it again sometime?" Lyric sighed as we wound up at my door "yeah, maybe we can go out for dinner sometime?" I suggested as I went to open the door " do you want me to call a cab for you, lyric?" I asked nicely she smiled and nodded adding that she would like to come in the warm whilst she waited. After I called a cab for her I gave her the money for the ride so she could get home easily without worrying about spare change to give the cab driver. " Lyric the taxi is here!" I called her from playing with the hair of a Barbie that holly forced her to do a braid on. "Thanks for taking me to the fair, I really mean it Michael" Lyric hugged me as she pulled her heart shaped bag over her shoulder, "anytime lyric" I sighed as I watched her leave again.

"you, you don't mean no harm but you're stringing me along and i dont have the time to spare and i am trying ard to brea --" "Daddy?" Holly looked up at me from the door to the music room "yes princess?" I smiled at her as she walks in timidly "what song is that?"
I get my phone and start playing Air by Shawn mendes.
-After the song finished-

"Daddy I like that song!" Holly said giggling "I do too princess," I smiled looking down at her "me and mummy used to sing this to each other" I put my guitar away and picked her up, putting her on my knee. "You're so precious, you know? Your daddy will always love you baby" I glanced down at her whilst she was playing with the strings on my black hoodie.

"I love you too daddy!" She giggled and kissed me on the cheek, what a precious little soul she is, I don't think I can ever love someone as much as I do her.

My phone began to ring, I helped holly get off my lap and grabbed my phone "baby please don't touch the guitar while I'm gone?" I spoke slowly so she understood, I passed her a toy and began to walk away so she couldn't hear what I was saying.

(Trigger warning but this part is important to the story xx)
Lyrics POV
I smiled at my boyfriend and licked my lips, he sure did look better than Micheal does. I laughed a little at myself.
"How much longer do you have to pretend to like that suicidal maniac?"

"Until I can prove that he is unworthy of being a father and then I get payed by the Pilgrims, it's a big sum. It's worth hiding our relationship for." I gave him a little smile and kissed him, he pushed me against the door of the apartment and pulled my leg up around his hip, pulling me closer in. I pulled away a bit and rested my forehead on his, "I love you so much lu----"

Michaels POV
"Hey ash, you okay buddy?", I shook my head worriedly, he never calls me unless it's an emergency.
"Calum just saw an article, let me send it to you. Read it and call me back." His thick Australian accent rung through the phone as I heard the click to say that he had hung up.

My phone went off and immediately the title caused panic in my blood. I looked back to lyric and made sure my mum was in the house then ran out. I can't be here anymore. I just can't.