Original Edition - Chapter 67: The Bite

Start from the beginning

"I'll relay the message. I'm sure your brother will appreciate that comment," I responded a little darkly with a chuckle.

Evan tried to respond but I cut off the links. Right now all I was focused on and wanted to be focused on was him.

He was washing off in the creek; letting the cool water clean away the blood and dirt from his perfect skin. God, he looked good. My beast vibrated a little at the sight of her male bathing in the faint moonlight of the early nightfall.

He dipped his head under the water as we walked closer, closer enough until we could see the small circle burns that the damn silver had left on his neck. I bit back a growl. My beast pushed me forwards, she just wanted to lick them then nuzzle her male.

I stepped closer and the hair on his neck raised. He turned slowly around as my paws hit the cool water; meeting my eyes with his blue-green ones that stilled me in place. He rumbled a little when his eyes landed on me. My skin shivered as my beast walked closer to him, closer to the scent and hum that was calling to her.

She got about to where the water hit her belly then whimpered at him. He looked down at the water and shook his head a little with a ghost smile on his lips before wading to the sand bar we were standing on.

The water was covering his lower half but his torso was exposed to us, and with all those little droplets of water sliding down his deep 'v,' it made us thing of a hundred other things we would like to do right now.

He reached out to me and rubbed his fingers against my cheek before running his fingers through the soft fur of our neck. My beast purred softly and leaned into him as his chest vibrated a little more. Scratching and caressing our skin, it was a blissful torture for us that we didn't want to break away from.

We felt his breath on our snout as he nuzzled his cheek against mine while his other hand rubbed the other side of it. My wolf leaned into him and purred some more, she missed our male. Our mate.

He pulled away and looked at me as an amused smirk tugged at his lips. "Now, am I going to have to chase you up a tree this time?"

His eyes filled with a seductive challenge than made my beast rumble. We cocked our head at him and stepped away stealthily as we held his gaze. His gaze that seemed to be stripping us naked with his desire.

He shook his head as he grinned slightly more wickedly. "Well then, I suggest you start running sunshine."

My wolf barked at him as she whipped around and hauled ass into the forest. We heard a loud growl right behind us followed by an energy of furious desire chasing after us. We yipped.

Our body was filled with flames of lust as our blood started to burn brightly and dance with his. Paws were tearing hard into the ground; deep in the forest where the night air seemed to only blow around scents of our lust.

I turned and tried to make fake trails as I pumped through the trees, but he was onto me. He was close. I could feel him as if he was breathing down my neck. I heard another growl; a growl that made me shiver with desire.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him gaining on my right, so I hung a sharp left. There was a little cliff around eight or feet so above the ground. I looked back at him then let out a low growl of my own. My feet pushed off the edge and launched me into the air, landing on solid ground that gave me a false sense of confidence.

I thought I had a lead now. I thought, until I heard him growl again as his paws hit the dirt behind me. I growled again. My beast wanted our male but we also wanted to win.

He nipped playfully at my tail and my beast let out a mock snarl. We hung a sharp right, heading for some rocks that sloped and tore through the side of a hill. Ethan started to run around them, but we were a little too committed to winning.