Wattpad Original
There are 46 more free parts

Original Edition - Chapter 28: The Call

--------------------------------

Levi

———————————

The phone started ringing after I punched in the last number, I knew it by heart.

When Charlie decided on Mangata I thought my heart was going to stop beating. After dinner, Lander insisted that I run with him, and I'm glad he made me. I was in a limbo of emotions over the whole thing; sending my pup back to the place where my first family died.

Lander talked me down though, spoke reason into my thick skull. He was right. He was always right and I hated it, but it's what makes him a good beta.

At least it's on the border. If anything happens to her, I am marching over there myself and dragging her tiny ass back home.

That and I know Thomas keeps a tight border. After the rogue incident last fall, my wolf hasn't quite gotten over it. I was damn sure not going to send her somewhere with weak warriors patrolling their borders. Thomas was tough, which was good; no rogue was going to lay a hand on my girl.

I played with the cord of the phone in my office as the line rang again. I just started using it about a month ago. When I first walked in the pack house our cook almost fainted, and our omegas told Lander they thought they saw my ghost.

Lander left my office alone and apparently had been using his this whole time. Good. I had everything still in perfect order and didn't need him moving shit around.

The phone rang one more time then picked up. "Hello?"

"Thomas, it's Levi."

"Levi? It's good to hear from you, it's been a long time."

I breathed out a laugh at how true that was. "I know."

"Are you–"

"Yes, I decided it was time. Lander's back to being my first beta and I am back to being a royal pain in his ass."

Thomas chuckled heartily over the phone. "You're a royal pain in everyone's ass."

"True," I agreed.

"So what can I do for you?"

"I know Lander called you about my pup a few weeks ago and I was calling to see if that offer was still on the table?"

"Your pup? You claimed her?"

I laughed a little and nodded as I looked at the photo of Charlie and I that she gave me for Christmas sitting on top of my desk. "Yup. Both in blood and legally, she's a Thorne now."

"Oh God, another one of you," he replied sarcastically then laughed. "Tell me about her, I am more than sure we have room for her."

I sighed. I wasn't sure how to tell him this, Lander sure as hell didn't. "Well, there are some things you need to know."

"Oh?" His curious voice was laced with caution as it responded. I knew what was flashing through his mind. No alpha wanted a crazy ass female that no one wanted in their pack, they were only trouble. But my girl was certainly not that, not at all.

I sighed and leaned back in my chair. "She was a human. She survived the shift."

"What?" he almost scoffed out. "You're kidding?"

"Nope," I replied quickly, popping the 'p.' "Saw her through it myself."

"How?"

"Well, and I tell you this in confidence. I don't want this buzzing around your whole pack."