Wattpad Original
There are 11 more free parts

Original Edition - Chapter 63: Heirs

Achy.

That's how my back and the pull felt.

Sore and needy.

I blinked eyes open and looked down. It smelled like Ethan, but Ethan wasn't there. He wasn't there at all. I sighed as desire swept through my body. He had been there, I knew it. That bed smelled too much like him.

I flushed as I looked over my body. I was practically naked, which meant he saw me... Shit.

I groaned inwardly as someone knocked on the door. I snapped my head around and lifted myself up at bit. My back was sore, but it wasn't unbearable. "Yes?"

"It's me," Evangeline said from the other side.

"Come in," I replied stiffly as I sat up and pulled the sheets around me.

She walked in and closed the door behind her with a warm smile. "How are you feeling?" she asked as she nuzzled my cheek.

I"Better, it's sore but not awful."

"Good, let me look?"

I nodded and let her moved around so she could look at my back. She chuckled gently then came back around and smiled deviously. "Ethan must have licked and licked at that all night."

"So he was here?" I breathed out.

She nodded. "Mhmmmm, Billy came and got him early this morning. He thinks he has a lead on a gamma who may have seen a rogue recently."

I shook my head. "Hold on, does Ethan know?"

Evangeline smiled and nodded. "Oh he knows Char, it took Liam, Levi, Lander, and Evan to keep him from running out of that door last night to tear Thomas' head off."

My eyes widened slightly. "What?"

Evangeline pulled up a chair that was sitting next to my bed so she could sit across from me. "Apparently they got into him pretty good. Liam said it was like something snapped. He and Levi tied." She smiled a little as she looked down and shook her head. "He feels like my dad used to now. Like the alpha he's supposed to be, that he knows he is."

I felt my beast stir as realization set in. "Oh my God," I breathed out.

"I know," Evangeline sighed. "He's like he used to be but more. He feels like a true alpha now."

"So, what is he doing? What are we doing?"

"Well," she breathed out. "He wants Thomas' throat now but Levi wants to wait, surprisingly. Levi wants to see if Thomas was actually behind the attacks. If we kill them now we may never know. Eventually, he got Ethan to agree. Ethan's out with Billy right now, I think he and Evan are going to try and go through our dad's old office later."

"And what about you?"

She looked at me sadly as her wolf stirred. "I wanted to stay but Levi said it would look odd. There's no reason that Liam shouldn't be taking me with him, so I'm leaving today with them."

I felt my chest tighten. My sister. She was my sister and she was leaving me. Her eyes grew glassy as she watched my response unfold. "Don't do that, I can't handle seeing you do that Char."

I pulled her into a hug and nodded. "I'm just going to miss you a lot," I sniffled.

She nodded. "I'm not that far. Only across the line. We'll see each other all the time, I promise."

I nodded as she pulled back. I wiped some of the wetness from my eyes and let out a deep breath. "Ok then, so what's the plan for today?"

"We're headed out mid morning. Evan said he would come walk with you to the valley since it's probably not good for you to shift."