19~LOKI-Oh Daughter of Mine

Începe de la început

It is this cloak that Amora and I hope to use as a bargaining piece to gain a powerful weapon to reclaim my rightful throne. Hel owes us an extraordinary debt that I think it is time she paid. In experienced hands the Odinforce could tear away the very foundations of Asgard. If we can pry it from Torrun's soul....

Amora takes a step back. It is a subtle symbol for me to go first. Cowardice... I plunge into the portal with my hand aglow with magic, ready to face whatever horrors Hel can concoct.

"Loki...Loki.....Laufeyson....Loki....." Haunting whispers fill my head. Some would be weakened or caught off guard by the eerie voices and tortured screams, but I know my daughter all too well. I push through the mists and use a green flame to cause the ghastly spectres to fade into nothingness. I feel a physical presence behind me so I quickly turn and am greeted by the sight of Amora. Her face is not plastered with her usual smirk. This place holds a certain sway over her. She has never visited this realm so she is not sure what to expect...

Twisted branches curl and spiral on either side of us to form some kind of woven wall. The thorns inch towards us and threaten to prick us. I reach my hand out to touch them, sure that this is another illusion. Pain courses through my hand when my assumption is proven inaccurate. We are in danger.... I start to run through the path that has been created by the briar. I do not allow fear to consume me, rather it is my desire to survive that prompts me to flee. Amora and I run until we reach the bottom of grey stairs. The deadly foliage retracts and slithers back into the shadows.

I recognize these stairs...They lead to the throne where Hel is often seated. I look up until I see the figure upon the throne. Torches blazing with green fire light the path.

"What brings you to my realm, Father?" Her voice has a definite chill that resonates in my chest.

Though I am a great sorcerer she could easily overpower me here in Nifleheim where her power is at its greatest.

"I have come to strike a bargain and fulfill a debt." I respond quickly with precision.

She gives me a bored glance as she peers down at me from her perch

She gives me a bored glance as she peers down at me from her perch. I take notice of the cloak that is draped over the throne. She doesn't even bother to get up or give us any more of a gesture other than the glare that seems to be a permanent part of her face.

"Why would I give you anything? You stand before me in my kingdom where I am the queen. You have no power here."

Amora steps forward so that she is standing beside me. Hela gives her a twisted smile and twists the knife in her hand into the armrest of her throne.

"Mum!  What a pleasant surprise! Five-hundred years and this is the first time you dare to make a visit. Welcome to my kingdom."

"We've come to claim that which you owe us. Give us the daughter of Thor." Amora says firmly.

We are normally cocky and confident, but this particular battle is one I am eager to leave...

"What do you want with her?" Hela asks rhetorically while getting up from her seat.

"-Oh. I get it...You want my cousin, but not me. That hurts. It really does. And here I was hoping we could have some reconciliation." She says sarcastically.

She grips her cloak with two hands and approaches us slowly.

"You swore an oath. You must follow through with it." I order her to obey.

"I am aware of that Loki, but unlike you I actually keep my word so you need not concern yourself with matters of betrayal."

"So you will give us what we want?" Amora asks to pry for more answers.

"In a manner of speaking. I know you want the Odinforce, but what is your interest in Torrun?"

Torrun...a pawn in a dangerous game....I once cared for her...Perhaps she was the daughter I never had.....but as Hel has so adeptly described I am a traitor and predictable in my ways...I cared for Torrun only because she was the host of such great power, a power that I will soon control....

"I care nothing for her." I declare which severs any emotional connection I have to my niece.

"Splendid," Hel exclaims while clasping her hands together. "Let me tell you what I am willing to do. I will give you a chance to extract the Odinforce from her, because that is what you truly desire. When you are finished with your attempts due to success or utter defeat, control of the girl will still belongs to me. I will have then completed my portion of the debt. I will owe you nothing. That is my offer. You may take it or leave it."

I turn to Amora looking for her approval. This is our chance....We can do this...She nods and I turn back to Hel.

"We accept."

Hel walks back up to her throne and resumes her seat.

"I will not tolerate any kind of mischief on your part. If you try to betray me then our agreement is void and I am no longer indebted to you."

"Very well." Amora says with venom coursing through her words. She was probably planning some form of betrayal at the very moment.....

Hel summons a glowing figure out from the darkness. "In that case allow me to introduce you to Torrun, the daughter of Thor!"

What do you think of Hel? What will happen to Torrun? Will Loki and Amora betray Hel?