The Earth Clan

I opened my eyes the next morning as I was shook awake. It was Soo-won.

"Good morning, Meissa." He says with a smile.

"What time is it?"

"The sun will be rising soon."

I roll over and cover myself with the blanket. "That's too early."

"Well we have to go. It's a long ride."

"To where?"

"The Earth clan, remember?"

"I didn't think we'd be leaving the day after our wedding."

"Well I wasn't planning on getting married the day before a business trip either. You don't have to come." He says.

I sit up and throw the covers off me not even caring that I was half naked. "If you ever suggest that again I'll physically assault you."

I stand up and start getting dressed in a more casual dress. "Did you make sure my armor was packed?" I ask. He knew I would not leave without it.

"I did, but you know it's not very appropriate for you to be wearing that."

"You say that a lot." I point out.

"I suppose you do a lot of inappropriate things."

"You care too much about what others say." I point out. "You didn't care near as much before you became king."

"You'll understand more now that you're queen." He says with a small laugh.

"All I've got to do is pop out a couple kids and I've done my job."

"Don't say it like it's that easy." He says, "Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

I over look Chishin, the capital of the Earth clan's land from the cliff we were on. This was my first time traveling outside of the Sky clan's land and I wasn't sue how I felt about it. I always imagined I would come here as a general of the army when given the order to, possibly with my father at my side; but instead I'm here, riding on the horse of my husband's as queen of Kouka.

We ride into Chishin and meet General Geun-tea.

"I haven't seen you since the coronation ceremony, General Geun-tea. Are you doing well?"

"Yes." he says as he and his men bow to Soo-won and I.

"Excuse me, General Geun-tea, but I have a request." Soo-won says. "I'm parched from the trip, could I get a cup of tea?"

We're escorted over to a table outside and are served tea made by General Geun-tae's wife. I sipped from it lightly, not that big of a fan of it. It tasted alright, but the scent was overpowering.

"Wow, this tea has a wonderful scent!"

"That teas made from my wife's prized tea garden." Geun-tae explains. "Although, I'm not a big fan because of the strong scent."

"It has a floral scent." Soo-won points out.

"It's something she does as a hobby so please excuse her if it tastes odd."

"Oh? I like it. How about you General Ju-do?" Soo-won asks.

I look to my right at Ju-do. He was a very serious man and I wasn't exactly sue how I felt about him.

"I am not picky about a tea's taste, but... Geun-tea! How dare you serve botched tea to a king and queen?"

He was also very honest.