~ Prologue ~

---- Chara POV ----

Pacifist. Pacifist pacifist pacifist. Is that all they do? Spare and protect even strangers? Frisk has always confused me with these such actions. Died millions of times trying to... what do they call it... 'save' everyone when they could've just killed everyone; no sweat! I sighed. But here we are, at the surface again. How many times have we done this? Twenty? Thirty? I can't remember. I hardly remember the time when we went all genocidal on those fools. Haha, pathetic. Oh, that look on the comedian's face when I killed everyone he loved.. priceless! I chuckled to myself as I stared out at the sunset. Frisk turned around towards me with that innocent smile of theirs that I hate so much. I wish that they would go back to genocide. I miss having them as my partner.

"Chara? Why are you laughing..?" They asked, giving me a puzzled look. Frisk was the only one who could hear and see me. Why? I don't know. Maybe we have some telepathic connection? It would make sense we look alike and had the same type of soul. Short brown hair in the same style, same short height, same eye color. We both even have the souls of determination. Well, had. I don't have a soul anymore but that's another story for another time. The only difference that me and Frisk have is that I had a green sweater with a yellow stripe, and Frisk had a blue one with two purple stripes. I just looked away.

"Meh.. just remembered something funny.." It was true, I did. Frisk shrugged and turned around. I followed their gaze to see everyone, so hopeful and happy.. mom, dad, Alphys, Undyne, Mettaton, Papyrus and even Sans. I shivered. I liked it better with their dust on my hands. But I'm not the one in control anymore. It's Frisk, and it always will be.

I watched as Sans said something to my mom, and made her laugh. What the fudge..? I thought. I could have sworn I saw her blush! Wait, is that comedian blushing too? Maybe it's just the light playing tricks on me. I surely hope that it is. I gagged at the thought as I floated to catch up with Frisk, who had just ran over to mom and gave her a hug.

     "...forgot something in the Ruins! Can I go get it mom?" I caught the last part of Frisk's sentence. "Ok my child, but please be quick and careful!" Toriel replied, but they were already speeding towards the entrance to the underground. I sighed, annoyed because I knew that I had to follow them.. either that or I'd just be dragged behind them; which was happening right now. I wonder what they forgot..?

---- Sans POV ----

Tori, your fireballs are pretty neat.. or should I say 'hot?' I chuckled quietly at a pun I came up with mentally. I wonder if Tori would like it..?

No.
Definitely no.
I couldn't say that to her, it would sound too weird. She already thinks I'm a dork. Heh. I probably am. I tried thinking of another pun..

"Hey Tori, I stayed up all night to see where the sun went,"

She looked at me with her dazzling hazel eyes, and I spaced out for a moment, looking back. Tori is the most amazing person that I've ever met. She's so funny, or should I say.. punny, and she's really nice. Maybe I could have feelings for her, but she deserves better then me. I'm a skeleton.. she's a goat.. it just.. wouldn't really work.

"Oh?" I snapped back into reality as she spoke, and she cocked her head to the side. A strand of loose hair fell across her face, and she causally brushed it away. I looked back towards the sunset, smirking as I thought of the pickup line.

"Yeah... and then it dawned on me."

I smiled as she laughed. Man, I love it when she laughs. It makes me feel happy to have someone who appreciates puns as much as me.

"Heh," I grinned wider and started to laugh myself. We laughed for a few moments, until we couldn't laugh anymore. When that happened, we sat in silence and watched as the sun sank beneath the horizon.

---- Toriel POV ----

Wow. I had never expected the surface to be this beautiful. The air was so fresh and the sun was so warm on my face. I was only a kid when the war between monsters and humans went on.. hehe, no pun intended. I forgot what beauties and wonders the surface holds.

   "It is beautiful, isn't it?" I gazed off in awe.  "What an amazing view!"

Sans was looking at me now.. I could feel it. Warmth spread across my face as he smiled too.

   "Yeah," he replied, still looking at me.

"I think the view is incredible from here too.."

|( yay! Prologue completed! I hope you like it so far!)|