I ran my fingers through my hair. When I’m nervous I take all my stress out on my hair or my neck. “I’m sorry for all of that.”

She didn’t seem satisfied. “What exactly were you guys fighting about?”

I was mute.

“Harry, the best thing you can do right now, is back the hell off,” I seethed.

His eyes narrowed and he snorted. “You’re only saying that because she only sees you as an adorable friend. I bet that if you were to make a move she’d friend zone your arse so-”

Immaturely not wanting to hear any more I threw my fist at him on impulse.

My mouth wavered. What do I say?

I bet that if you were to make a move she’d friend zone you. . .

I shook my head. “Uhh . . .”

Her arms crossed over her chest. “Well? And don’t play dumb.” She stood up, probably because it made her seem more intimidating.

I stared at her. Looking at her right now, part of me knew Harry was right. I was growing these feelings for the girl with the big glasses and I was scared of being friend zoned, especially since she most likely would friend zone me.

Or would she?

“What did Liam say?” I dodged.

She shook her head. “Liam wasn’t the one to punch another person,” she insisted. I was silent continuously and she sighed. “What were you and Harry talking about?”

I shook my head. “How about you for once not play dumb?” I questioned.

She lost her patronizing look and seemed shocked. “Wh- what?”

“You heard me, Jade. You’re supposed to be smart so I’m sure you can figure out that it was about you. Harry fancies you, so does Liam I guess, even that Marcel guy seems to have this thing for you!” I exclaimed.

Her eyes were wide as I got closer to her.

“And I- I think I might also,” I admitted.

I felt a weight leave me. After about a week of knowing her, I had grown this admiration for her and standing here and now I am just spewing out all these words I want her to hear. I may be rejected, but at least I’ll know there wasn’t a chance. I don’t think I was in love with her or anything, but I felt this tether to her grow stronger with each and every day.

I was now in front of her. I slowly, very hesitantly brought my hand to her face. I wanted to know she wasn’t going to swat my hand away, and I felt that way as she remained still, looking up at my face. I swallowed. “Jade,” I began quietly. “Don’t you see you’re driving us all crazy?”

She stared up at me in shock. I don’t know why she wasn’t doing or saying anything. I wanted a reaction. I wanted a no or a yes. An answer. I wanted this to either end or continue on a bright looking path.

And I don’t know what it meant to her, but her hand lifted and held onto my face. Her eyes seemed to get bright with tears. “Niall,” she whispered.

With that I got this feeling in the pit of my stomach. He was right, I thought. She was going to friend zone me. Right here and right-

Before my thought could finish she kissed me.

Cordelia

I tugged a strand of hair behind my ear and then stepped out my new room. I walked out of it. This was my first day. I remember something similar to this. When I first moved to England where my dad and Jade’s mom met, I immediately began to make friends. I was American which they found awesome. They wanted all the details- the in, the out. It was easy winning them over.