Chapter 9.

Chapter 9

They drove back in silence. Each lost in their thoughts...of "what if" and the elevator kiss that nearly but never happened.
He turns off the engine..
"I hope you had a good time..."? He reaches for her hand, takes it to his lips and drops a kiss to her knuckles. She pulls it away...

"Yes I did. Thank you Anthony. .. good night". She hides her blush and exits the car. He felt oddly strange.
He missed her. He was going to miss her alot more. But he smiled.

"See you later"

He waited for five minutes as James comes out of Rose ' s and enters the car...

"Sup dude!!! I trust you had a good evening with the pretty lady. She seemed shyer all of a sudden. Eyes to the ground. Did you...ahem.." he clears his throat.

"Don't be a PHOOL James. We just had a good clean time. And I actually like it. I actually like her James and that's no joke. So... don't say stupid things like that. It didn't cross my mind one bit".. Anthony turns on the engine and pulls away.

James smiles shaking his head...
"Wow Anthony am impressed. Grace would make a good man out of you . Maybe a Pope, she a nun, while you both run the church. Oh heavenly places to be." He clasps his hands, looking up to the heavens and waving. ..

"Halleluyaiah somebody. Anthony. ..The ladies man. The player has been healed of his exploits and youthful exuberance. Praise jesus. !!! Marry the girl already. I approve."".. James punches his shoulders

"You are just a PHOOL James. I swear " .. but he smiled qenuinely. He liked the feeling.. And he couldn't wait to see her the next day. It was a good thing the Victoria's business was coming to an end tomorrow.
.
.
.
**** The next day.6pm after classes.*****

Victoria's house was filled to teeths. Music blasting. Drinks..small chops, and dancing..

She looked at her watch...." Where were they??" She comes out and takes a look, walks back into her room.

"They aren't here yet. Where the Fxxk are they??" Bunmi and Sandra exchanges looks, then shrugs.

She brings out her phone and then dails. . "Where are you ??" Ok. Good. Just wait awhile. The night is still young"..

She throws her phone on the bed, and sits down. Tapping her feet impatiently... in another 3o minutes she sends bunmi to check. She comes back smiling..

"They just walked in".

Victoria gets up., takes a look at the mirror, puts on a big smile, carries a wine and two glasses and walked out of the room, accompanied by her two guards. Joining the crowd of people dancing.

.
.
.
" uncomfortable? ?" Anthony asked as he leaned , wispering onto her eyes. Grace nodded .

"Don't be. Am here. She won't do anything stupid " . He replies, and nods as she nods.

"By the way, there are lots of witnesses ..and she wouldn't bring the mess into her house. " James joins in. He takes a look round the house and whistles. ... " She is definitely rolling in bucks mehn.."

Rose scoffs. "You really don't want to really visualise how much rolling she does James. It's disgusting. So don't trip. I don't feel comfortable either.. especially with everyone staring at me with the outburst she made about me and my mum. Am here for Gracey and because Anthony and you insisted. So let her come out already and apologise and we leave. This place makes me want to cringe." Rose spat. Her irritation visible.

"Speak of the devil!!" Rose exclaimed.

*clink clink clink*!!!!

The music died down. Everyone gushes and turns. Victoria steps on her table making her higher than everyone..