Chapter 3 (Edited)

Start from the beginning

I made my way back into my room after brushing my hair and teeth.

As I made my way over to the side of the bed to grab my boots, I heard someone gasp from the corner of the room.

"Dustin..." I cleared my throat, and he pushed himself from the wall and further into the room.

"Kate, um mom and dad wanted me to come pick you up. Dad's arranging a pack meeting and mom is preparing the house for you. Your doctor gave me your prescription and-"

"Dustin, slow down. It's okay, I don't have any objections to going home with you." I shrugged as I tugged on my second boot and laced them up.

He nodded and looked at me in shock.

"Listen, Katie..I-I'm sorry about everything. I haven't been to see you because- I don't know I guess I was just being a coward and I apologize for everything that's happened."

I nodded, and I sighed as I grabbed my sweater from one of the cabinets.

"Dustin, one of the things I've learned while I've been here is forgiveness. I couldn't bring myself to forgive you, or our parents for anything they'd done to me. I took my own life because I experienced being rejected from everyone in our family and I didn't know if I was strong enough to go through that again. I just need you to be my brother before anything Dustin, the torment I went through before broke my heart because my family wasn't there for me."

He nodded, tears in his eyes and I watched as he visibly swallowed a lump in his throat.

"I'm really sorry, if you wan't I won't speak to Blake anymore. I know how much he hurt you and I won't let that happen again."

I stepped closer to him and shook my head.

"Dustin I don't want you to leave your friends, I just need to know that we'll always be family, no matter what."

He quickly pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"I promise you I won't ever leave you, you're my sister and I will do right by you from now on. Just...please don't leave again Katie, I can't handle that again."

I smiled lightly into his shirt before pulling away.

"I promise, now can we get out of here please? Seven months of torture was enough."

He smiled and wiped his eyes quickly before slipping on his sunglasses and opening the door for me.

"Let's go little sister."

-------

As we neared the pack property I felt my heart race and my palms started to sweat.

"Katie...you okay?"

I nodded slowly and attempted to manage my breathing.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous. Can you tell?" I asked.

He nodded, "Your heart rate went up and your energy depleted."

I turned my head to face him.

"You can see all that?"

He nodded.

"It's a thing that Alpha's children can do, we can see energies and emotions. They're kind of like colors."

I cocked my head, I was able to do that?

"Can you teach me?" I questioned.

He nodded excitedly.

"Of course, it might take you a bit though, it took me a few weeks."

"I don't care, I just want to know."