Chapter Two

I wake to someone jumping onto my bed. They climbed into my blanket and snuggle up against me. I opened my eyes and looked down to see dekan lying next to me.

'morning baby' I said and pulled him in for a hug. He beamed and hugged me tight. He usually slept in my bed until I was awake most mornings. This one time when I stayed over my friends place apparently he had balled his eyes out when he had climbed into my bed and saw that I wasn't there. I'd been gone the whole weekend but mum had called me up that day and I had had to come see him. I told him that I'd be back in no time. After that whenever I slept over my friends places I had had to tell dekan otherwise he would have cried like no tomorrow again. I take him downstairs after our long hug and sit him on the table that had been set up. I noticed that I was 9am and my parents were probably gone. Miley comes out into the kitchen with two boxes of cereal and two bowls. She leaves and then comes back with spoons and milk.

'how are we this morning?' she asks cheerfully.

'good' I say and dekan nods agreeing. She gets his breakfast first. I pour my own cereal and milk myself.

'so your parents have left already. They also said they won't be back until lunchtime tomorrow approximately'

'really?'

I felt my heart sink. If I had gone with them I could have stayed with Marcus for the night. I sighed and dekan dug into his breakfast.

'don't feel so down Arianna, I heard you have plans for today. Your mother also told me to make sure you are home by 6pm'

'sure I won't stay out late tonight'

'we aren't going to the park?' dekan asks and I frown. I'd forgotten I'd told him I'd take him.

'don't worry dekan, macy is taking you today. You might get some ice-cream too' he brightened up at the idea and I sighed a relief. He would be disappointed that I wasn't going but I would definitely take him as soon as I had a chance. I decided to go for a swim after I changed. I swam for about an hour and then I sat on the deck. I looked out at the lake and I saw a couple of families hoping onto their boats. Kirsten brings a towel to me and I walk down to the gate. I open the gate and move out onto the water. I hear a few giggles and look up to see Tracy and Stacy walking this way.

'morning Arianna' they said together and I smile saying the same to them.

'we know it's only 10 but we wanted to come early. Mum went out and our boyfriends are due until 1 so we thought we'd see what you're doing. You went for a swim in the lake?' Tracy says as Stacy texts someone.

'no I was swimming in the pool'

'nice. So I hope we aren't intruding or anything?'

'no not at all'

'ri!!!!' I hear a little boy call out and look up to see dekan standing against the fence looking at us. His face was smashed up against the glass. I laughed and Stacy went over and opened the gate. She bent down and hugged him. Dekan was happy to see her. I suppose after she saved his airplane she was eternally being thanked.

'Hey you guys wanna come in?' I ask them and they nod. They follow me inside the gate and I close it making sure I locked.

'hey this is the house with the mini-golf right?' Stacy asked me.

'yeah it is'

'cool. We totally should play sometime. I go to the putt putt course in town. It's awesome but I always loose'

'don't worry you'd probably beat me too'

We spent the next couple of hours at my house. We swam in the pool for a bit and I showed them my room. I searched the pile of clothes I had sitting inside the closet. I pulled on my denim shorts and just a white t-shirt over my bikini. I come out and Stacy and Tracy are on the balcony.