Memories

(Sorry if this chapter is short or bad. I was in a rush and will edit it later.)

Lilith-Age 17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present."

                 -Anonymous

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                 Lilith had spent the past few weeks crouched in the corner of her shelter, with only a thin blanket to keep out the cold air. She was astonished that the storm was lasting almost a month so far, and it meant that she was running low on food. Her crops were dying due to lack of sun light, so the only thing she had left were a few droplets of water.

             She hadn't moved an inch since yesterday afternoon once she realized that their had been a hole in her shelter that was allowing some of the blue rain to seep in. She had pushed a bucket over to capture all the water, but even that seemed to be filling up. Lilith was well aware of the fact that the storm would have to stop soon, otherwise it would be fatal.

             "God Damn humans...." Lilith sighed as she clenched her fists. The sound of the rain hitting her shelter was almost too much to bare at this point. All the memories were flooding back from all those years ago as she clutched onto the necklace her mother gave her that day. She vowed never to open the locket, not willing to risk the fact that there could be something was didn't want to see on the inside.

       The only thing that would comfort her right now would be seeing another living creature, but every shelter within a miles radius was either destroyed or flooded with rain. And anything would be better than searching those, because she new all too well that they would most likely be dead.

            Lilith was completely lost in her thoughts, making it nearly impossible for her to notice the fact that the rain slowly started to disappear. She walked over to the bucket and noticed that it was filled to the brim, which was a stoke of luck, even though it would be difficult to dispose of. 

        She put on a glove and gripped the handle. She gently carried it outside where it was dumped. But the horrific thoughts were nagging her to the point where it was unbearable. So after wiping the tears from her eyes, Lilith lightly gripped the locket around her neck. She studied its intricate design as her mind raced between thoughts. She didn't want to feel this pain, but she finally decided to open it.