~~Karmen9

"Benz!" I shouted. "Stop crying!" I begged a few days later, rocking him in my arms frustratedly where I stood in the living room, eyeing the TV that's been on mute for the last ten minutes.

He continued to wail in my ear.

"Can you shut that fuckin' thing up?" my mom growled as she hauled herself up from the couch and glowered at me.

"That 'thing'," I snarled, "is a baby, your nephew if you've forgotten."

"I haven't forgotten," she snapped, "Unfortunately."

I glared at her, already in an irritated mood, her attitude did not help me in the slightest.

"Get away from me," I sneered, "You're scum."

My mom looked at me with disbelief, her mouth dropping open and the unlit cigarette that she'd been sucking on toppled from her chapped lips. "E'scuse me?" she gasped.

"You heard me," I hissed. "I'm tired of supporting you and your disgusting ways, I'm tired of having to take care of Benz when I'm only sixteen. I'm tired of having to be the mother around here, the breadwinner, the stripper. It's either you shape up, get out of this house, or I'll leave and take Benz with me."

She glared at me, her lips puckering as she slowly bent down to pick up her cigarette. "Fine..." she said gradually. "Have it your way."

"So you're going to change?" I asked stupidly, Benz finally shutting up and looking at his aunt as if expecting her to say oh yes my ways are finally going to change!

"You're full of shit if you think that's happening, Karmen," she laughed, brushing past me, her sour smell flitting up my nose and making me cringe. "Get out of my house, you and that runt."

I couldn't believe it...

"You're a custy asshole!" I shouted after her. "You're going to regret this when you're left on the streets begging for money and pills! And when you come crawling back to me, you'll see where this will all get you!"

With that, I ran upstairs with Benz and started packing everything.

I had no clue where I was going, but all I knew was that I needed out of this shit hole. Staying here wasn't helping me or Benz at all.

The next day I skipped school, dropepd Benz off late at the daycare, went to a starbucks, and sat there for most of the day just drinking expensive coffee and trying to numb myself. It was around five thirty when I decided to drive to Rossi's for work. It was Friday after all, one of the busiest nights of the week.

"Hey, Tiny," I huffed as I walked into Rossi's with a tired, worn smile on my face, my duffel bag of all my clothing thrown over my shoulder.

"Hey," he murmured in his deep, rumbling voice, "What's up with that?" he questioned, gesturing to the bag.

"Got kicked out of the house," I said, shaking my head irritatedly, "Had to sleep in the car last night."

That had been hell, Benz had cried all night, I wasted all my gas to keep the car warm, and I didn't get a wink of sleep.

"I wish I could help you out," Tiny huffed in his deep voice, "But I already stay with a friend; can't even help myself."

I shrugged. "I'm a big girl," I said. "I can take care of myself." My eyes trailed to the club and I swallowed back the tears. Yeah 'cause stripping for men to touch is taking care of yourself, I thought.

Forcing a brave smile, I walked into the club, went to the dressing room, and got changed into a neon pink, lacy Victoria's Secret bra and matching undies, rubbed bronzer all over me, and put my heels on before straightening my hair and doing my makeup. To go for the more exotic look tonight--obviously to get more money--I put in my special earing-nose piercing. It was three short chains that connected from my nose piercing to my earing.