~~Karmen2

**Picture of Karmen to the rightttt <3

I dropped Benz off at his daycare, kissing him on the forehead and promising that I’ll be back later tonight. Leaving him at Rise and Shine Child Care wasn’t the highlight of my day; each time he’d grab my hair and hold on for dear life, giving me his puppy dog eyes, verging on tears. But then I’d tell him “Benzy-Boy, you’re my big man, I love you and I’ll see you later, baby” before I gave him a last squeeze, kiss, and give him to Tori, the teacher and a close friend of mine. I hated leaving him behind, though, close friend or not…

As I pulled out of my guilty thoughts, I parked my car in the high school parking lot. Cutting the engine, I sat back and stared at the hulking school. This place sucked to say the least, but maybe it was because I never seemed to have enough energy for it. It took a lot of my willpower not to just give up and drop out…

Leaning over to the passenger seat, I tucked the purse full of money under the seat, out of view, and then was grabbing my backpack when someone tapped on my rolled-up window. I started and slammed my head coming up from under the glove compartment.

Cursing and rubbing the top of my head I looked over at the grinning girl sticking her face against my window like a complete retard. Her long blond hair was tied up, blue eyes shining in the morning sunlight, summer-tanned skin smooth and flawless as ever.

Without a telltale sign, I slammed my fist up against the glass making her jump back and scream. Opening the door I chuckled and said, “You’re an asshole, Bree.”

She giggled as she picked her backpack up off the ground and said, “And you look like shit, Karm. You feelin’ okay?”

I shrugged off her worry and murmured, “Peachy. What’s the schedule today?”

Bree and I headed towards the school, earning ourselves the usual glances from the guys that hung around in the parking lot. There were a lot of cuties here, but none of them really interested me, maybe it was because with my job I didn’t really have time for a boo or maybe it was because with a boyfriend comes telling them what my job occupation was and not even my best friend Bree knew where I worked or what I did for money.

“Periods five, six, seven, eight,” Bree informed me, flashing a smile at a boy standing by the doors to the cafeteria all the students had to wait in until seven-twenty.

I groaned. I hated school; all my boring classes were today. Bree and I made our rounds through the caf, going from group of people to group of people like usual. And then we came to the last group and I tried to bail out of this sinking boat me and Bree had gotten onto, but she just pulled me forward and I cringed as I heard Wess say, “Hey, Karmen.”

“Wess,” I said simply, glaring him down. Wess stood before me with his friends, his muscled arms crossed over his chest, green eyes smirking down at me. He was cute with his mocha skin and dirty blond, shaved and fade-in cut. His face was chiseled and his smile was to die for…but his attitude just made you want to kick him in the balls.

“You look beautiful,” he commented, looking me up and down making this horrible feeling slither through me, my fingers curled into fists and all I wanted to do in that one moment was punch him, hurt him, cause him pain. The kind of pain that makes your stomach flip, tingles flash through your injury and stars fling across your vision. I wanted him to hurt.

“Like an angel that just rolled out of bed,” he finished as all these emotions at just the sound of his voice sliced icily through me.

I wasn’t sure if that was a compliment or not and I was in no mood to even respond, so I just shrugged, crossed my arms over my chest, and looked away while Bree chatted it up with this kid Aaron that she’s been crushing on for a little while.