2, Close encounters

Ghastly's heart skipped a beat but then rose into his throat when he realised what was happening. He could not fight her, it was all too hard to register her as an enemy in his mind. He had to though, and did. He threw her off his and sent her hurtling across the room. There was a loud 'thwack' as she collided with a bookcase and, as well as books, all the little ornaments on top came crashing down on her head. She moaned, and didn't move.

Horrified at what he had done, he rushed and dragged her out of the debris. Then, he realised that if she came to, she would probably attack him again. With a heavy heart, he wallked out of the front room into the kitchen. And it was then that he saw the body.

It was Evalinie Vaughtine, only just recognisable, now a mangled, bloody corpse, crumpled on the marble floor with her head resting in a pool of crimson blood. Ghastly shuddered and went out of the room. Then he left the house.

The rain was now a thunderstorm. He walked down the road not caring how wet his deeply scarred head was getting. His mother had. Been born with the hideous, ridged scars covering his head and face, they had never healed and even the most powerful magic. Couldn't get rid of them.

He needed to rethink his plan. First, he needed to research some more about remnants. Then he needed to work on a way to get the remnant out of Tanith. After that, he had to track down and find her so that he could attemp to save her. He decided to go to his friend, China Sorrows' library to find a book on those dark beasts.