Chapter 4: Voices

Jess

Jesse and I were walking back to our dorm.

"Man, I hope Olivia is okay. Luckily we got there in time.

"Yeah..." I said while looking at the ground and playing with my hair.

I knew he felt something was wrong with me because out the corner of my eye, I saw a worried expression.

"So...how are you doing in school?" He asked.

"Fine." I answered, still not looking up to him.

But everything was not fine! My head was pounding and my ears were ringing. There's this empty feeling in my stomach and I just wanted to cry.

Cold beads of sweat rolled down my face and neck and the world around me started to spin.

I stopped walking, because if I took one more step I would fall.

~~~
The whole world went dark and Jesse wasn't by my side anymore.

"Jesse?" I called out into the darkness.

No answer.

It was silent for awhile before I heard a familiar voice.

"Wow, you were there, but you couldn't do it...So sad..."

I recognized that voice. "A-Axel...? I-I tried...she wouldn't...I...."

Another familiar voice spoke. It sounded like they were whimpering.

"I needed you and you were late. What kind of friend are you?"

"Olivia...? I-I'm sorry! I tried to help..."

Another voiced spoke.

"Pathetic, If I were there I would have gotten there faster than you did."

"P-Petra...I went as fast as I could! I k-know I should've been there!"

No one answered backed. I was left alone in the darkness with a million thoughts in my mind and watery eyes.

A few minutes passed and a harsh voice knocked me out of my thoughts.

"Gah! Why are you so helpless?! You can't do anything right!"

That voice...It can't be...

"Can't you just help yourself instead of being a pain?! I always jump in to save your worthless life!"

"I-I...." I stuttered as tears streamed down my eyes.

"If I knew you were so helpless I would've left you under that bookshelf to die!"

I could feel my heart being torn to shreds as the harsh words from the voices of my friends echo inside my head.

"USELESS!"

"HELPLESS!"

"YOU'RE SUCH A LOSER!"

"WEIRDO!"

"DIE!!!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! STOP IT!!!!!" I screamed as I covered my eyes and closed my eyes tightly.