13

Today is our month anniversary and I am ready to spoil my man. I wanted to surprise him with a romantic dinner. I was dressed in an aureolin colored knee length dress that fit my body like a glove. After Reese finished my stunning make up, I slid on my Jessica Simpson Faralie pumps and made sure my bone straight silk press was exactly how I wanted. With one final check in the mirror, I grabbed everything I needed to make tonight special and headed out of the door.

      As I made my way to Kem's condo, I couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right. "Maybe I'm just nervous," I thought as I continued to drive. As I pulled into the driveway of Kem's cando, I noticed a female walk past his dining room window. "Maybe I'm just imagining things," I was my first thought.   

      I walked up to the door and unlocked it with my key and walked into the house. I looked around and saw a female sitting on the couch. I walked over to her and introduced myself.

"Hey, I'm Salem and you are?" I said with a smile.

"I'm Stephany, Kem's girlfriend. "

      I took a step back and blinked a couple of times. I couldn't let her see me sweat even though i felt like she slapped me with every syllable she uttered. "What a coinkidink, I'm his girlfriend too!" She looked at me in completely in shock. She started to get up as if she was going to leave, but I stopped her before she could continue. "No you stay, I'll go." I raced upstairs with determination in every step. 

      I saw Kem zoom past me with his phone pressed to his ear. I walked up the rest of the stairs and went to the room he disappeared to.

      "No baby, I'm sorry I couldn't make it tonight. I will be there with you in the morning I promise..... Baby please don't... You know I love you with all my heart.." 

       I couldn't take hold my silence anymore. I burst through the door fuming with anger. "Oh, so you love her now Kem? Who are you calling baby? Why is some random female downstairs name Staphany? Better yet, why is she saying she is your girlfriend? Kem you better answer me or I promise you I will burn this place down!" I shouted.  

        He had about three seconds to say something or it was about to go down. I looked at his face and saw a look that resembled the same unremorseful one Chase had when he saw me at that restaurant. It instantly made my heart stop in complete fear and shatter into pieces. I didn't wait to see or hear what was next. I turned round without uttering another word and ran out of the house. All I could hear was Kem screaming for me to come back as I sped off in my car.  

      Kem called for three hours straight. I let him go straight to voicemail each time. I went to sleep still angry and woke up to my phone constantly ringing.

I didn't check the name on the phone before I answered. "Hello?"

"Nyla baby please tell me what's wrong," Kem pleaded.

"KEM WHOIS NYLA?" I screamed.

"Oh snap, I called the wrong girlfriend. Salem baby I'm...."  

      I hung up before he could say anything else. I had officially had enough of this drama. I went on a rampage once again and erased all evidence of Kem out of my life. I walked into Reese's room to see her fast asleep with Jay. I didn't feel like being alone tonight, so I curled up on the couch in her room and silently cried myself to sleep.

      I woke up the next morning to Reese holding breakfast in my face. She knew something was up because I was still completely dressed with tear stained cheeks.

"We can talk about it when you're ready," she said as I ate.

      After I finished eating, I walked to my room and picked up my phone. I had 57 missed calls and 20 voice messages. I shook my head as I started to listen to the voice mails. All of them ranged from crazy call me back threats to I love you, I need you messages, all of them from Kem. I erased every one of them. I sat back on my bed and went through my text messages. 

      "Salem baby I'm so sorry about last night. I'm even more sorry that you had to find out that way. I have always wanted to tell you about the other two girls, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. You know my life as a DJ involves several women and you know how I get down. I thought you would be able to understand my lifestyle. I'm going to be completely honest. You were one of my three girlfriends, but out of all of them, you were the one I was closest to, and it was because of our love of music. I know you don't believe me now, but I love you and I always will. –Kem"

      I stared at the message in complete unbelief and shock. Before I had realized it, my body had moved in front of my piano and I had started to play the melody to a song I had never heard before. It was new and it was coming from me. I let the music take control and I began to pour my all into the lyrics. I guess I'll get the big hit I wanted with this relationship.