"Don't be ignorant." Miranda say. "I've known where you lived since the first night we've met."

I swallow in fear. I did not like the idea of Miranda knowing where I stay.

Nathalie gives me an apologetic smile and Miranda roll her eyes and look to her daughter and sneers, "Where is Sam? You know what... I don't care. Tell her I said if she wants to be childish then fine but do not think about coming home tonight and I'm leaving for New York in the morning."

Ballie look at Miranda in confusion and fear. Miranda scoffs and tries to leave but Nathalie grab her mother shoulder and say, "Sam hasn't been with you all day."

"No." Miranda answers. "She was gone this morning when I woke. We had an argument last night but that gives her no reason...

Nathalie ignores her mother and try calling Sam but the redhead also ignores her calls. "She never ignores my call."

"Austin is still not answering." I say.

Miranda look between all three of us and ask, "Can someone explain to me what's going on and who is this lady with the sad and outdated shoes."

Ballie looks offended for two seconds before she ignores Miranda. I finally explain, "This is Ballie. Paul mother."

Miranda looks Ballie up and down. "Explains a lot."

"Mom." Nathalie starts.

"Don't try me, lady. Today is definitely not the day." Ballie scowls.

"Everyone shut the fuck up!" I hiss. "Sam and Austin could seriously be in trouble."

{}{}

Once I get everyone under control Ballie explains the story again for Miranda and she finally show her messages between her and Paul.

She seems really sweet.
-Ballie

Yeah. I really like her. Hopefully she likes me too. I'm taking her out tonight. :)
-Paul

"That was from a few months ago." Ballie explain. "You guys went to a underground motorcycle competition?"

"Yes. We did."

She then scroll on her phone and show a few more recent messages.

How's your girlfriend doing?
-Ballie

She's great. Stressed out about school. Her father is a dick and I keep telling her she needs to surround herself with better people.
-Paul

Why do you say that? She's a big girl Paul.
-Ballie

You don't understand mom. We continue to fight when she's around them. I think I'm slowly losing her but I won't let that happen.
-Paul

What are you talking about?
-Ballie

You're not comprehending mother. Rose and I are thinking about getting married and having kids but I'm losing her to some cunt. I can't let that happen.
-Paul

Son. Are you taking your medication?
-Ballie

Don't call me son. You only do that when you think I'm going crazy. You always thought I was crazy and that's not fair. I'm not crazy, mother!
-Paul.

I swallow in fear. Paul was fucking nuts.

"When he calls me mother that is when I know he is not being himself." Ballie explains.

"Your son is insane. He needs professional help." Miranda say. "You need to strap him down."

"Mom."

"Don't you dare talk about my son like that." Ballie scowls.

Miranda clenches her jaw. "Two people are missing and you're here because you know your son has gone insane. Sam is very important to me and if anything happens to her I will make sure Paul will never see the light a day ever again because I will bury him so deep underground."

Ballie scowls and I try to separate the two. "We don't have time to argue. Sam....Fuck Sam." I hurry and unlock my phone again and look at her text message. Miranda snatches my cell phone out of my hand and read the message.

Dude! You were r
-Sam
4:00

Miranda look at the time on the message and then her expensive watch. "It has been over an hour."

"Right." I conclude. "She was saying I was right."

Everyone look at me in confusion.

"She's with Paul. The message says, 'Dude! You were right!' Sam probably went and confronted Paul."

Miranda frowns, "I'm going to kill him." and grab her purse before storming out the house. Nathalie screams her name before following behind her and Ballie yells, "Don't you dare think about touching my son."

I breathe in slowly and hope Sam and Austin is okay.