Original Edition - Chapter 61: Levi Lessons

ابدأ من البداية

"Of course, Elliot went back to the house to get her bed ready so it's a little more comfortable for her," He replied quickly.

"Good, we'll see y'all in a bit."

"Where are you going?" he asked but I knew he knew the answer.

"Talk with my son in law of course." I paused at the door and scratched at my scruff. "We'll be back later, Billy's coming over. Lock down that cabin, understand?" Derek nodded firmly as I kept walking into the pack doctor's cabin. "You boys go on ahead. Ev, take them to those back rings that Billy likes," I called over my shoulder.

Evan nodded then ran off with the others in tow while I chuckled darkly. I was itching for an ass beating like it was Christmas morning. My beast snapped his jaws in the air, he was ready–more than ready. He was tired of seeing this male, that we both knew had Chris' strong ass blood in his veins, let some shit head dick him around.

The doctor's clinic smelled like antiseptic and dial soap. I scrunched my nose a little. It was too damn clean in here. The doctor was working quickly on my Charlie girl while Ethan held her hand. I rolled my eyes. That damn male.

The doctor looked up and me and gave me a kind smile. "She'll be fine alpha. She's going to be sore and needs to stay off her back, but I would say in a day or so that she'll be good."

I let out sigh of relief. The last thing that girl needed was more scars. "Alright, thank you doc, Ethan let's go." Ethan whipped his head around to me with eyes that were brewing with a challenge, and oh, I was almost giddy to accept it. He looked over at Charlie who nodded to him then back to me. "She'll be fine, boy, the girls and vamps got her. You and I need to have a talk."

Charlie drowsily grinned deviously as he stood up. "Have fun you two."

I rolled my eyes at her. She just smiled innocently at me while Ethan looked back at her a little painfully. I rolled my eyes again. "Ethan, she isn't going anywhere. Now move your ass."

Ethan rumbled a bit but I returned it. My beast wasn't having that shit. Damn arrogant ass alpha male. I started to walk out and I could feel him follow me. He was starting to feel more like Chris, hell, on that damn hunt every now and then if I didn't know any better than I would have thought it was Chris.

He was close, oh he was real close; but like my Charlie girl, he's one stubborn ass wolf. Stubborn ass wolves mean you gotta beat their ass a little harder until they pull their head out of it.

We walked quietly through the forest. I could feel then tension rolling off of him, I had to bite back a damn laugh. Damn, I was looking forward to this. I think I had been dreaming about this fight for dayy, no–weeks, as has my beast.

But at the end of the day, I loved the kid. I loved him and his two siblings. I remember him when he was so tiny that Chris could hold him in his hand, when he finally could walk which meant he just chased Eli and Lucas around the house which drove Eve crazy, and when he first learned to fight. He was always a fighter, the Ethan I used to know would always come back beating you back twice as hard.

But if there is one thing I loved, it is some tough ass love.

"Ethan, do you remember when your daddy first brought you over to my place?"

He sighed and nodded as a ghost smile tugged at his lips. "It was like Christmas. I had begged dad to go all the time."

"I know," I chuckled out. "Do you remember that first time I had you and Lucas have a go?"

Ethan nodded. "He was just like you, an asshole."

I laughed heartily. "I'll take that as a compliment." I looked over at him as he began to puff up a little more, his beast knew something was coming. "Put you in the dirt the first time."