Noctis #145

(A/N) Another request from Quackleberry without further ado here we go!

Also sort of spoilers if you haven't seen the TGS trailers!

~~~~

You always felt bad for the people on the receiving end of Noctis' bitch fits, usually it was just him whining excessively so, needless to say you were surprised by the current turn of events.

"How could this sorry excuse pass for a king?" Gladio questioned, anger evident in his tone. You weren't sure how this fight started, but you knew it was because of what happened to Ignis. When Ravus confronted the boys at the Nifleheim base he'd made an attempt to attack Noctis. However, Ignis had stepped in front of Noctis to prevent any harm from coming to him, which caused his eyes to get damaged. The rest of you had escaped mostly unscathed, Gladio had gotten a new scar on his forehead. By some form of shear luck Ignis could still see, sort of, he had said he could see but everything was a blur. You were happy that he could see, but the other three weren't handling it well.

"You bastard!" Noctis yelled, you jumped slightly at the aggression in his tone, having never heard that come from him before.

"Stop it-!" Prompto yelled before he was roughly shoved back by Gladio. You immediately ran over to him to see if he was alright, luckily he hadn't been injured, however this didn't stop you from shooting a glare at Gladio.

"I get it, alright? I get it!" Noctis shouted at he pushed Gladio back forcefully.

"Then get your act together you spoiled brat!" Gladio replied angrily. There was a brief pause where it seemed like both were calming down. You were about to speak up when it happened, at first you thought your eyes were playing tricks on you, but then you realized it had actually happened. Noctis punched Gladio.

"Enough!" You screamed before Gladio could throw a punch back. You glared at the fighting duo and continued ranting.

"Why are you two even fighting right now? I realize you both feel bad about what happened but you're not the only ones! A yet, this whole time you've been forcing Ignis to listen to your bullshit! If you cared about your friend you wouldn't be going at each other's throats!" You took a moment to calm down before you continued again. "Gladio, you've known Ignis for quite some time and I realize seeing him like this hurts you, but you need to cope. Ignis is not blind, his eyesight could improve. In case you haven't noticed, we're in the middle of a war, these things can and will happen. Noctis, I love you but right now I can't stand you. I realize your father has died, but don't let his death be in vain, become the king your father always believed you could be." You didn't care about their responses so you walked away to cool off.

~~~~

Noctis found you much later in a different part of the train sitting in a booth and staring out the window.

"Can I sit with you?" You turned your head to see Noctis looking slightly guilty.

"Sure, have a seat." You said with a sigh and stared out the window.

"I'm sorry. You were right, about everything, as usual." You held in a giggle at his defeated sigh.

"Apology accepted, but you shouldn't be apologizing to me, you know that don't you?" Noctis started staring at his hands which caused you to chuckle.

"I realized I hit him but-" You interrupted Noctis with a glare before you started speaking.

"I don't care if you're 4 or 40 you don't hit people." You snapped, Noctis sighed in response.

"Sometimes you seem more like my mother than my girlfriend." You laughed lightly at his statement.

"Well, one of us has to be the mature one. Now go apologize to Gladio, I'll walk back with you." You replied as you grabbed Noctis' hand and walked back to the group.

Noctis stared at your intertwined hands, no matter what happened, he knew that as long as he had you he'd be okay.

~~~~

This trailer still hurts me on a deeply personal level. I just want mah babies to have happiness!

Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter and I'll see you in the next chapter!