four

jimin was hiding in the kitchen, which had 2 dining tables and a chair.

he looked for the butcher knives and other sharp objects in case someone suspicious comes near.

"jimin... jimin... ji...

a faint, female voiced out quietly.

"...min."

as jimin scans the area, he sees a sheer figure, possibly a female, holding a lunch box.

"jimin, you forgot to bring your lunch to school today... no worries, i have it right here..."

tears streamed down jimin's cheeks as he realized he is right now in front of his mom for the first time..

in 10 years.

he kneels in front of his mom and sobs.

his mom pet his head and started crying as well.

"anabelle! anabelle! where the fuck are you?"

jimin's mom jumps at the sound of yelling. jimin stands up and clenches the knife in his hand, ready to attack the person who dares to come near him or his mom.

another sheer figure, a male, storms into the kitchen with a soju bottle in his hand and a chicken wing in his other.

"anabelle what the fuck did i say about holding that lunchbox? he's nothing but a nuisance to the family. your old husband already left you, so leave that trash he left behind."

he threw the soju bottle at anabelle, but instead it hit jimin.

he clenched his teeth as he tried to hold in the pain, cuts formed on his chest and his neck. he glares at his stepdad as his mom tried her best to keep the blood from dripping down his chest.

his stepdad took a vase and threw it at him, but fortunately missed. this felt like deja vu to him;
his stepdad would throw something at him, and he'd be lucky if his stepdad missed.

unfortunately, he rarely misses.

jimin's knife that was held in his hand flew across the kitchen and chopped through his stepdad's neck, although his stepdad was a ghost. the head flew off as blood trickled from his neck down to his torso.

jimin's stepdad faded away, along with his screaming of pain.

his mother teared up and suddenly started fading, and forming a smile.

"thank you, jimin."

she disappeared into thin air as jimin started his sobbing again, wishing his mom stayed there to comfort him. he took the knife he used and clenched the handle.

he needed to find his bandmates right now. he needed to save the alive ones. he can't afford to lose another precious person in his life.