First Day

I woke up in the morning and started getting myself ready. I ate breakfast and went to say goodbye to my mum.

"Mum, I'm leaving!" I shouted with excitement.

"Give me a hug sweetie," she said.

I hugged her and I left for my first day of school.

I got to the top of the water and repeated the process that I spent so much time practising.

Once I was dry and casted the spell on myself, I put my robe on and walked up to the castle. I was almost there when I saw Professor Dumbledore.

"Good Morning professor!" I said.

"Good Morning Ms. Coralia. You ready for your first day?" He asked.

"Oh yes!" I exclaimed.

"Well, it's tradition for first years to ride boats across the lake to the school, so I'm going to escort you to the train platform and you will join the others," he explained.

We walked together to the platform and arrived just as the students began unboarding the train.

A really big man started announcing for first years to go with him. I looked at Dumbledore. He said, "that's Hagrid. You are safe with him."

I walked over to him and waited for the others to join. When the train was unloaded, we walked with him to the school's boathouse and we sailed across the lake. The castle was magnificent in the dark. All the lights were on. It looked royal and magnificent.

Once we were across and safely out of the water, we walked to the school and went inside. We walked up to the doors of The Great Hall. (I knew it was called that because of the time I spent with Professor Dumbledore.)

An older lady came out and said, "when the other students are seated, we will walk through these doors to the other end of The Great Hall and you will wait to be individually sorted into your houses. When sorted, you will sit at that house's table."

After a few moments, the door opened and off we went.

There were so many students. I got really nervous. Many boys were staring at me as if in a daze and many girls were glaring at me.

We walked to the end and stopped in front of a stool with a hat on it. The hat wasn't in the best shape, but all of a sudden, he started singing.

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.