Book 1 - A new Start - Chapter 1

On the same day by the afternoon.

_ Welcome to the New Life ™ installations Mr. Geary, my name is Jennifer MaGuire and I'm going to be your guide through the you virtualization process. Are you ready to start with your travel Mr. Geary?

_ Without a doubt Miss MaGuire, I have waited anxiously for this moment.

_ Then please, follow me to where your pod for you virtualization process is found, while allow me to explain for you how the process are going to be carried. As you have probably already read in our brochure, the process of virtualization of your conscience to the virtual universe is imperceptible and painless, the first thing to be done is to put yourself in one of our pods of transfer, this pod unlike common ones counts with specialized hardware need for transfer the human conscience to the Virtual Universe HUB where you can then select your final universe of destination. Because the characteristics of the perma players once you select a universe you can't change to another, this is done to prevent that the players commit atrocities and the escape to another universe, this way your actions have long perduring consequences so please take your time to select your desired Virtual Universe. Please remember that once the process start is impossible to cancel it, so this is a one way trip. Mr Geary, do you need a time for reflection before take the decision of start the virtualization process?

For a small moment I have a lite doubt about it, more given by the fear of the unknown than for let go of my real life and body, being with eighteen year my body about just holds itself together.

_ Thanks but no Miss MaGuire, let's follow with the process please.

While we talk we walk to a room with four pods, on three of them other people are being prepared to the virtualization process, a couple of octogenarians like me and a little girl of not more than four years. The little girl are crying and the couple that I suppose are the grandparents speak with her affectionately to calm her.

_ Well Mr. Geary, this way please.

With care Miss MaGuire help me to enter the pod, while it I ask her about what happens to the little girl.

_ She suffers a degenerative disease that affects her brain and in less than an year are going to kill her. The grandparents that have already pass the eighteen years of life have volunteered to go perma with her and look after her until she grew up in the virtual universe where she is going to have the possibility of growing healthie. Unfortunately the parents have abandoned her when she was diagnosed with the disease and the girl now cry asking for them.

_ It's a shame what happened to her, but at the same way she is lucky to have grandparents who care for her to the point of going perma to give her a life opportunity.

_ Yes, of course she is very fortunate. With no doubt when she grow up she is going to see that way. Well Mr Geary, we are ready, this is your last opportunity, are you sure of proced?

Looking to her with a smile i tell her _ Yes, let's do it, thanks for your help.

_ You are welcome Mr Geary, thanks you for choosing New Life ™ for your transition to the virtual universe of your choosing, have a long and happy life Mr Geary.

_ Thanks you.

With that the pod start to close and i'm start to grow sleepy. In what for me can have been more that seconds I'm one a white room and a voice that tells:

"Starting Virtual HUB Connection"

"User Richard Geary identified, starting logIn process..."

"User connected... Welcome Mr Geary to the Virtual Universes HUB, please review and select your desired Universe."