Elena nods and walks out of the room with Stefan behind her before anyone could notice what just happened. I turn to Rebekah, "Seriously?"

"What?" She shrugs innocently, "Your sister deserves to be pushed around a little, don't you think?"

"We just lost Alaric, Rebekah. I don't need you making it any worse." I tell her, sitting back down at my seat.

I heard her sigh as she sits on the desk ahead of mine and turns to face me. "Look, I apologize for what I said about him."

I raise my eyebrows at her, refusing to believe that she's taking back her word for me. "Really?"

"Yes, really." she replies and stands up from her spot, collecting her stack of paper. "If it makes you feel better, I know Nik is at the Lockwood's. Might as well ditch this knockoff Saltzman and see him."

§

I press my back against the side of Tyler's house and spot Caroline talking to him on his front doorstep. I had no idea why she was here, but it was helpful in me sneaking in.

I slide the window up and quietly step into the home. I close it and spin around, noticing I'm currently in a room with leather couches and a burning fireplace. I quickly exit and stumble upon two grown men.

I breathe in sharply, unaware of what to do when their eyes meet mine. "How did you get in?" A man asks, stepping forward.

Out of unwariness, I step back. "Tyler let me in."

"And you are...?" The other man asks. "Maya," I reply, "A good friend of his, actually."

"Maya?" The first man repeats and quietly converses with the other man, whispering in each other's ears.

The both men look at each other before nodding, "She must be Klaus' girl." one of them whispers, "He'll want to see her."

"Wait, what—"

Their hands secure around each arm of mine and drag me to a room, the office. After opening the door, and pushing me in, they left shortly after and I met with the hybrid.

His body leans back against the office chair, with his feet propped up on the desk, and he gives me a grin. "Hello, Maya."

"Klaus."

He slips himself out of his seat and walks toward me. "I was wondering when you'd come." he says, now in front of me.

I point my finger to his chest, "You didn't tell me you were back."

"You know I'd never leave you." he tells me and I give him a small smile, earning one from him shortly after.

"Why are you camped out here?" I ask him, turning my body away to have a look in the office. I haven't stepped foot in here for awhile, not after I slowly started losing touch with Tyler, and it brought back a wave of nostalgia.

He opens his mouth to answer, but puts his finger up and tilts his head as if he's listening to something. I furrow my eyebrows, "What is it?" I whisper.

Klaus motions his finger to follow him out of the room, and I oblige. We stumble upon the study room where an unfamiliar brunette stands.

I couldn't see her face, her back was facing me. "You're a new face." Klaus spoke, causing the girl to stop looking at the framed photograph.

She turns around, observing us. "And I take it from your accent you're an old one. Klaus."

Klaus smiles, "My reputation precedes me. Hopefully not all bad." The girl shrugs, "A little bad. Mostly repulsive."